I love love love winter, and when it's spent under a cuddly duvet with a book in hand ... well, that's just heaven! For me anyway!

I really have struggled to get my mojo back with reading, having chosen sleep over the last while, rather than read with my fibromyalgia which plagued me. But, slowly I am finding myself again and my desire for the written word has returned with a vengeance. I do have to say my book club has been ever so patient with me, the ladies are saints and such great encouragers through tough times.

As you all know I have reviewed books for Penguin Books for many years, but that took a back stand along with my personal reading sadly. However, it has not stopped me from compiling a #WinterComfortReadingList. So if I could shop right now, what would I buy to read on my upcoming holiday?

As you all know I am a foodie of note, and nothing can get me more excited than a pretty and delicious plate of food. That being said I am trying to avoid "white foods" or what many call carbs ... not for the obvious reasons but rather because it prevents me having "fibro flares". I recently spotted two lovely new recipe books I could easily add to my bookshelf, here they are:
A great addition to any kitchen and from our very own local blogger turned professional foodie Sarah Graham.
Retails at all leading bookstores for R280
Read more: here
Retails at all leading bookstores for R220
Read more: here 

As you can see they look more than delicious and when you flip through the pages ... you will want one too!

As for my all-time favorites? You know the good old fashioned forensic, investigative and love stories which I so adore ... well, they're here too. Nothing beats a Jo Nesbo story:
Available in all leading bookstores, but if that hasn't got you hooked, maybe this will ...

"The murder victim, a self-declared Tinder addict. The one solid clue—fragments of rust and paint in her wounds—leaves the investigating team baffled. Two days later, there’s a second murder: a woman of the same age, a Tinder user, an eerily similar scene.
The chief of police knows there’s only one man for this case. But Harry Hole is no longer with the force. He promised the woman he loves, and he promised himself, that he’d never go back: not after his last case, which put the people closest to him in grave danger."
Read more: here

Here's the soppy stuff so make sure you have a tissue or two ...
I won't spoil this one for you, read more here on James Patterson's site, again this is available at all leading bookstores.

So now that your tummy is full, you've stressed, you've cried ... I suppose it's time to pull yourself together and what is better than this ...
This is a #1 New York Times Best Seller, and whilst I am not normally into self-help or feel good books, this one really has me intrigued.

I personally was drawn in by this excerpt ...
"Resilience comes from deep within us and from support outside us. Even after the most devastating events, it is possible to grow by finding deeper meaning and gaining greater appreciation in our lives. Option B illuminates how to help others in crisis, develop compassion for ourselves, raise strong children, and create resilient families, communities, and workplaces. Many of these lessons can be applied to everyday struggles, allowing us to brave whatever lies ahead."

This book is also available at all leading bookstores and you can read more here.

So there you have it, as I prepare for my upcoming July holiday where I can tuck up myself under the covers sip on sugar-free hot chocolate and catch up on some much needed rest.