There is nothing that makes a home feel more like a home that the sound of chatter, laughter and of course a healthy dose of competitiveness. I had forgotten how much fun board games can be and when I recently invited a bunch of friends around, my house was bulging at the seams ... with love and the most amazing sense of family.

HOW MONOPOLY MZANSI CREATES TOGETHERNESS


Being single can be lonely, it means your home is always peaceful, calm and a bit of a sanctuary from life for me, but ... every now and then I yearn to feel that ever so fleeting glimpse of family and camaraderie that does not often resound in my walls.

I recently got sent the Monopoly Mzansi board game ... an excuse for a get-together, which turned out to be such a blessing for me. So a huge, big THANK YOU, to MR MONOPOLY from me!
The new MONOPOLY MZANSI features fabulous places from around South Africa including our stations, airports and of course well-known streets and venues such as Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cradle Of Humankind , Johannesburg Zoo (for those who followed my clue) and our very own Table Mountain to name but a few .

A new twist has arrived, one that I had never heard of called the 'speed dice' (we steered clear ... call us chicken or conservative if you must). The new game also features little metal figurines to move along the board ... so much nicer than the old plastic figurines (and they have a kitty too ... yay! for us #CrazyCatLadies).

After splitting into pairs of two, the competitive fangs and forked tails soon started to show as people were buying, bargaining and building to bankrupt their competitors. It is amazing to see how adults and children alike enjoy the fun associated with board games. A modern rarity thanks to sadly having been overshadowed by the digital era. I have vowed to change this in my household and have games nights far more often!

I want to make a conscious choice to maximise the time I have with family and friends, to laugh at each other's silliness and growl when threatened, the frustrations, the bossiness ... I want it all!

Thank you, MONOPOLY MZANSI for showing me once again that boards games rock and will never die!

THIS IS A GREAT FAMILY GIFT FOR CHRISTMAS!! (Just saying)
Available at all major retailers and toy shops.

** Disclosure Policy 2