As you know by now I love quaint restaurants often tucked away from the maddening crowd, so it was a great adventure when I had to find this little gem in Durbanville.

Eating out at YOCO


This little eatery although located in the heart of Durbanville is tucked away in a quaint garden oasis known as the Rust-En-Vrede Gardens. I have actually been here once before for a lovely little market that happens every so often but completly forgot the name of the gardens.
Due to my memory lapse when looking for the restaurant I managed to drive straight past it  not once but twice, the garden obscures the venue and honestly ... if you don't know about it ... you may never find it!
The restaurant itself is nestled in an old Cape Dutch building which houses an Art Gallery, so you can happily browse before and after your meal, It also features the most unusual sculptures perched in the trees and foliage all around the courtyard ... truly intriguing.
On this particular day, we were saying a farewell to my sister as she set off overseas, we were actually having lunch en route to the airport hence the urgency to find the restaurant.

We decided to indulge in burgers on this particular day with a cappuccino to start .. strange but true!

Mumsy and I decided on the Don't Go Bacon My Heart burgers (because well ... bacon ... enough said right!). My sister and my nephwe opted for the chicken burgers.
The servings were generous, the food was delicious and fresh. It was one of the nicest burgers and shoestring fries I have had in a very long time.
The service although a little slow was spot on and again I have to say all in all I had a really pleasant dining experience at YOCO Eatery and I would definitely recommend it. I would, however, recommend you book in advance in summer as the venue was busy.

For more info, you can find them here: YOCO EATERY

** This is not a sponsored post