On a recent business trip to Johannesburg, I happened to page through one of the Kulula.com's in-flight magazines, it was here that I spotted a small article featuring a quaint Christian Coffee Shop and Bookstore.

Being a Christian this clearly piqued my interest and being a foodie it clearly sealed the deal as a 'must do' in the near future. A few weeks later an opportunity presented itself and I invited a few friends along to join me for a get together at this quaint little space.
It is set on Bree street alongside a Catholic church, it is run independently and the food and drinks are made fresh on site. God's Army Books & Coffee is small, humble and testimony to the importance being placed on God, good food and fellowship.

On the day that we visited we started with the most awesome frothed coffee's (not classed as a cappuccino by the ladies who ran the shop because it is not from a 'big coffee machine with steam'), it was honestly delish and I actually had another.
We browsed the bookstore which also has a lovely selection of gifts, and before I knew it I had assembled a little pile of purchases for the day.
The food itself is simple and I choose the savoury mice and cheese pancakes (as did all the other ladies) and sadly once gain I forgot to take a photo ... eish!

The portions were generous with two full sized savoury pancakes, a side salad and a small portion of crisps all for only about R49.00 ... a bargain really.
We did, however, round off our meal with one of their infamous milkshakes and it was worth every calorie.
Here is my Peppermint Crisp Shake ... nom nom nom!
The venue itself in sadly not wheelchair friendly, so I would not recommend it if you have limited movability.

I would, however, recommend this lovely little eatery and bookstore called God's Army to all and sundry who are looking for a light meal, a place where you can chat a relax without having to fight off the crowds. It's a place where you can nourish both your body and soul.



God's Army Christian Books & Coffee
102 Bree Street
Tel: 021 422 4712
Website: www.godsarmy.co.za
Facebook: facebook.com/GodsArmyBooks
Twitter: GodsArmyBooks


** This is not a sponsored post