I think because we are so spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants and coffee shops here in Cape Town, we often overlook a quaint little eatery such as this one.
It is a small little eatery, it features rustic 'pallet type' furniture with a lovely vintage flair. The menu is simple but wholesome, the presentation is great and I absolutely just adore the vintage mismatched crockery.

On the day that I dropped in at this lovely little eatery, I chose the cheese and bacon quiche which was served with a generous side salad and a portion of chips. My friend chose the 3 mini gyro's stuffed with stir-fried beef and onion with a creamy dressing, side salad, and chips.

Their service was efficient and friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our food at all. It was great to see how busy and well supported Cup and Cake were.

Overall I was super impressed and considering that the venue is just around the corner from where I live I will definitely be back in the near future.


So as the rainy winter days approach and summer quickly evapourates, why not cuddle up in a cosy corner and nosh on some comfort food in a pretty setting ... sounds like a good excuse to me!

At Eden On The Bay, there is ample parking, I personally prefer the free underground parking with lifts for those who require a wheelchair friendly environment.

So I encourage you today, get out of your comfort zone and explore a few quaint new eateries this winter.

** This is not a sponsored post