I am lucky enough to have been to New York , I have stood on the pavement and hailed a yellow cab , I have been on a carthorse ride through Central Park and ambled through the streets of little Italy ... but nothing took me back there quite like a quick visit to this quaint little deli!
KLEINSKY'S DELICATESSEN

I got to explore this lovely little eatery which I had never heard of recently, when I got invited by some of the ladies in my family to join them for an early breakfast at Kleinsky's  I was a little hesitant when thinking of the traffic I would have to wade through, however, I did go and what a treat it turned out to be.

Being located in the heart of Sea Point, a neighborhood known for its Jewish ancestry the deli's name clearly gives a clue to the heritage and tasty treats hidden inside. It is, therefore, a clear conclusion that this is obviously a 'pork free' zone. Kleinsky's do however have the tastiest and most delicious Lamb Bacon, a crispy salty and rather delicious treat you do not want to miss out on!

They offer typical New York deli style cuisine including fresh 'boiled' and baked bagels, as well as the more traditional breakfast, deli sandwiches, eggs on beef hash and the most delicious egg's benedict on potato latkes ... yum! (clearly this is what I chose to nosh on)


The service I felt was not up to par. There was no signage or person to explain whether it was a self-service restaurant or a waitered venue. This left both ourselves and the waiter frazzled as we kept trying to catch his eye and he just looked really confused. In the end, we realised it is indeed self-service but they will bring the food to the table.

The food, however, was fresh, tasty and fast ... a definite plus!

Once again this is another fabulous little eatery to add to your little black book. Be sure to come early, however, or else you might miss out.
If you are looking for safe parking off Sea Point main road, there is a mall with a covered parking lot diagonally across the road.
Please note: the bathrooms at this venue are not wheelchair friendly and space is very limited.

** This is not a sponsored post