No matter what anyone says a little make-up goes a long way in covering up a sad face, a raw heart and well a pale face ... such as mine! (barring the Au natural gals 'I salute you')

So nothing makes me happier than when I receive the most beautiful make-up, especially my favourite nude shades .. because I am a total contradiction. I slather on make up all in the vain effort of achieving the 'barely there' make up look I love.

Avon has added the most divine FACE PEARLS, CREAM BLUSH AND HIGHLIGHTER DUO and MATTE FINISH LIPSTICKS. 

I am absolutely loving the black packaging and pretty flower detail of the AVON FACE PEARLS, but enough of my ramblings, let me share what I thought of the products ...
So first up today are the new AVON PERFECTLY MATTE LIPSTICKS, I got sent the most beautiful shade called ADORING LOVE. It is a little brighter than I would normally have chosen for myself, but honestly, I am loving it.

The coverage is substantial with only two sweeps required over the lip area, the lipstick wears well and requires a touch up after about 3 hours and considerable coffee consumption (I did not test this with eating). I love the smooth creamy texture that leaves the lips feeling hydrated and happy!

These lipsticks retail for R129.90 each
Next up are the AVON FACE PEARLS, now these I absolutely adore. I do however have to mention that the shade of the powder is maybe just 'a tad' too dark/bronzy for my complexion ... not the ideal for this pale face.

I absolutely love the how refined the powder is and the slight shimmer thanks to the lightest shade pearl with its flattering light reflecting properties. It is, after all, such fun taking my kabuki brush and just swirling it over these little round powder pearls.

The FACE PEARLS also come in a BRONZING PEARLS with a variety of 4 different shades.

Retails for R159.90
Lastly is the AVON CREAM BLUSH AND HIGHLIGHTER DUO, this product initially made me 'Oooh and Aaah' but I have to say it left me rather disappointed.

Whilst I absolutely adored the previous two products I found the highlighter to be more of a 'balm' which had very little shimmer and left me feeling rather shiny (as in oil shiny).

The blush, on the other hand, was rather creamy in texture and I loved the peachy colour, it was definitely a colour I would have chosen for myself.

This product only comes in one shade and retails for R179.90
I love AVON COSMETICS and even now as I look up these products and prices online I have seen at least another 10 items that I would love to order.

Do yourself a favour check out AVON SA's latest brochure online and spoil yourself 'guilt-free' cause these little numbers are super affordable!

p.s. Did you know that they now have an App? Check it out here

Facebook: AvonSouthAfrica
Twitter: AvonSouthAfrica
www.avon.co.za