When you are blessed to be given a mother who is also your best friend, you are truly blessed!

My mother is my best friend, my partner in crime, she has been my rock throughout my life ... in both good times and bad. Our bond is strong and inseparable, it confounds some, inspires jealousy in others but one thing remains 'nobody messes with my mother'.
With Mothers Day around the corner on the 8th of May, it is going to be a tough time for our family as it will be the first year that our dearest grandma will not be celebrating with us. 
There will be a huge void and I am sure many tears and much heartsore ... but sadly we all have a departure date, and those who are left behind will always remember fondly that which was.It is with this in mind that I have been exploring a few options on how to spoil mumsy, and came across this lovely idea by the Radisson Blu in Sea Point.

WINE AND DINE YOUR MUM!
Let's do Mother’s Day gourmet style at the luxurious Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel in Sea Point on Sunday, 8 May 2016 
TIME: from 12pm with a 
MENU: A special buffet menu to treat Moms, devised by Executive chef, Craig Carmichael.
PRICE: R385 per person

The culinary experience at the hotel's #add Restaurant & Pool will open with 
Starters: stir-fried squid with rocket and orange salad, marinated fish and sweet pimentos and papaya and cabbage coleslaw for starters. 
Mains: will include roasted suckling pig, vegetable ratatouille, potato dauphinoise and green beans with toasted almonds.

To complete the celebratory day...
Dessert: delicious desserts including classic favourites such as creme brulee, mini chocolate mousse, and tropical fruit salad.
A NOTE FROM THE CHEF:
“I cook from my heart and it was my own Mom who instilled this passion in me. So, in a way, this is also a tribute to her and to all the Mom’s who enter the restaurant on the big day,” - Craig.
The exquisite Mother’s Day menu, charming service and chef Craig showing off his skills, advance bookings are recommended at the popular venue.

I know I want to spoil my mum, I'm just not sure quite with what this year, don't be a procrastinator like me ... book now to avoid the rush.

Have a nyummy Mother's Day!