For those of you that have travelled with me on Femme Lifestyle you will have experienced my struggles with my weight , my health and well hitting forty and moving beyond.

Whilst I may not have looked ill, I was teetering on the brink of 'burnout' and grossly overweight but worse yet I suddenly started seeing pigmentation popping up from nowhere.

Now if you know me well, you will know that I hide from the sun ... I am not a sun-worshipper at all! I have always looked after my skin and applied sunblock since I studied way back in 1993, so I was clearly unhappy.
I got the opportunity to experience a new cutting edge laser treatment as Skin, Body, Brain and Health Renewal known as FRAXEL DUAL.
This is a combination of not 1 but 2 lasers which are reputed to lighten pigmentation, refine the skin's texture and improve fine lines and wrinkles.

Now to be honest I had no idea what I was letting myself in for, but I reported in for my appointment and saw the impressive machine soon to be my new best friend (I hope).
As the therapist got me settled and applied the numbing cream to my face, I heard all about the process and what I would experience (butterflies did appear at this point).

It was explained to me that to see 'GOOD' results 4 passes of each area would be sufficient, but if I could take it and for 'BEST' results 6 - 8 passes were ideal.

I was left to relax for about 20 minutes whilst the numbing kicked in. Once the treatment began it was not excruciating, but I definitely could feel the laser working and even managed to make it to 8 passes on all areas.

My main concerns as I said were pigmentation, and so the machine was set to treat this accordingly.

What you need to know:
The Fraxel® DUAL laser provides moderate-level treatment for pigmentation, skin tone, lines, acne scarring and poor skin texture. It is more effective and less invasive than older laser types and is FDA approved.

What does it do?
- Targets both the surface and deeper layers of the skin for a smoother, fresher, younger looking appearance.
- Improved skin tone and texture and other more superficial signs of ageing
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Reduced appearance of unwanted brown spots
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
- Effective treatment of pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis)

Where can you treat?
For face, neck, chest, arms, legs and back.

It's is important for you to know that your skin will first go red like sunburn, then brown and dry (as with extreme sunburn) and lastly flake off quite drastically.
I was amazed to see that much of my pigmentation was on the side of my face which is exposed to the sun when I drive, and hormonal pigmentation mainly around the mouth area.

FRAXEL DUAL leaves a smooth, soft and vulnerable skin once all peeled, so please make sure you protect it with barrier creams and plenty of SPF 50 and NO SUN!

Your skin will slowly regain it's lipid barrier and protective functions, but from now on SPF is NOT NEGOTIABLE!

Results are immediate as well as progressive and improve over the course of treatment, people are still telling me more than a month later that my skin is 'glowing'.

I am super impressed with my results and would definitely loved to have done course of 3 treatments, but for now one will have to do.

If you suffer from pigmentation, melasma and/or ageing and lax skin this is definitely an all-in-one treatment for you.

For more info visit http://www.skinrenewal.co.za/fraxel-dual

Here is my skin 1 week post laser , not bad for 42 years old hey? (tee hee)









Disclaimer - This post is my own opinion and feedback and not biased or influenced by my employer (Skin Renewal) in any way.