So I am queen of the quick fix and fast n fresh when it comes to food. I love recipes that allow you to play with versatility and adapt them to suit the occasion and the mood of the day.

Recently I attended a family function and I whipped up one of my trusted and favourite tarts, and now I'm sharing it here after having so many requests for the recipe. I believe that recipes should be shared and not hoarded as it is a waste of a little bit of jot that could bring happiness to many tummies and families.

After many requests here it is my recipe for my

FIG, HONEY & SHORTBREAD TARTE

Ingredients:
For the crust - 
1 x 200gr Packet Shortbread Biscuits (Eet Sum More - for the crust)
1 x 80ml Melted Butter (cooled)

For the tarte - 
1 x 385gr can Condensed Milk
1 x 125ml Lemon Juice
3 x Extra Large Eggs

Method:
For the crust - 
Crush the biscuits in a sealed bag , pour into a bowl and mix in the melted butter. Press into a 20cm round tart tin and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.

For the tarte - 
Pour all the ingredients into a bowl , whisk together and pour into the refrigerated tart crust.

Bake at 180'C for 20 minutes and allow to cool.

To Decorate:
1 x Packet Heart Shaped Shortbread Biscuits (or anything you prefer)
2 x Punnet fresh back figs
Honey to drizzle
Icing sugar to dust

And that's really how simple this tarte is to make, and share with family in a jiffy. The great thing is that you can add any fruit of choice, make a coulis instead of the actual fruit or even substitute it with caramel and peppermint crisp.

Happy baking everyone ...mwaaah!