Just over two weeks ago I got the opportunity to experience the quaint La Belle Bistro & Bakery which has recently opened in Mouille Point.

La Belle forms part of the Kove Collection and is the third of it's kind to open in the Mother City. I must say that this experience will always be bitter sweet in my mind as I took my Gran along on this spoil ... A spoil that would land up being her last for a while as she had a stroke on the Monday thereafter.

The Cape Town weather played it's part on this balmy summers's day as we chose to sit outside and sample this delicious fayre.
So let's go, enough of me!

La Belle offers both inside and outside dining, it is a small and rather quaint space so be warned if you snooze you may not get a table.
The colours are fresh and clean but still very inviting, making you want to stop and rest a while for sure. The service is efficient and friendly making a visit here a great all-round experience.

Our waiter Blessed was enthusiastic about showing me the display case with all the delicious looking 'fresh bakes' which are baked on site daily, again be warned there are a limited number of each treat and when they are finished for the day, they are truly finished!
Although La Belle is small in stature there is always a yummy selection of baked treats ...
There are even tasty treats which are 'gluten free' and the most delicious lemon 'melting moment' type biscuits to take home ...nom nom nom!
Goodness these Red Velvet Cupcakes were almost my undoing!

Now before you think that all you can do is overdose on sugary treats at La Belle, let me share a glimpse of the menu, as well as the most divine lunch we have had in many months ...
Whether it's breakfast or lunch La Belle has you covered ...
First up was mumsy's main course which was a Sirloin Forrester , served with mash, roast tomatoes & a bacon and mushroom sauce.
Next up was gran's Beer Battered Kingklip
Next was my Pork Belly, Corn Fritters, Apple Sauce and peas.

The textures of the butter soft pork belly, in juxtaposition with the crunchy pork crackling and soft pureed apples ... absolutely delicious!
So when I spotted this cute slogan on the back of the menu I just had to take I snap shot, why? Because I am in total agreement of course!
So now I guess it's confession time, I did indulge in this amazing chocolate Salted Caramel tart ...shhhhhh! It's our secret!

This was the most delicious rich, dark chocolate base and tart with an ooohy gooey salted caramel, with roasted hazelnuts and white chocolate aero.
Gran had this cute Lemon Meringue, it was a feast for the eyes with it's mix of soft meringue peaks and decorative meringues and lemon biscuit crumble.
Mumsy chose the Pear & Macadamia Bar which had oodles of caramel atop!
Our trip to La Belle Bistro & Bakery will always be a memorable one both for the delicious food and also because it was a spoil with grandma which is irreplaceable.

Thank you La Belle for a delicious day and for those of you in Cape Town, make sure you visit this petit eatery these holiday it is a worthwhile spoil and afterwards you can walk off the spoils along the gorgeous promenade.

Go on, what are you waiting for!