Last night I got to experience the most mind blowing meal I have in a long long time. I have to give Crystal Towers and the Towers Restaurant a resounding 5 all round.

I was invited to an awesome meal with the most fabulous group of people, add to that a plethora of meals 'fine dining' style and you can only have a recipe for success.
The hotel itself has plenty of parking with easy access for all , the staff whether at the front desk,in the foyer or at the restaurant... all are  helpful and super friendly (a genuine friendliness) and having stayed at the hotel itself previously I know this service and friendliness expands to the hotel too.

Dinner was a taste journey and started off with a teaser in the form of an 'amuse bouche'.
You don't know what an amuse bouche is?
Here let me help: 'These, often accompanied by a complementing wine, are served both to prepare the guest for the meal and to offer a glimpse into the chef's approach to the art of cuisine. The term is French, literally translated as "mouth amuser".' - Wikipedia

So back to dinner ...
My first course was a Pork Belly dish served with terrine, potato foam, sauerkraut, plums, almond and pickled mustard seed. The pork belly was tender and absolute delicious!
Next up was the most fascinating palette cleanser in the form of Smoked Fig Sorbet, this was a real brain teaser with the smokey flavour hinting at fish and yet there was no fish in it at all!
It was a real conversation starter at the table with the overall consensus being that it was strange but surprisingly delish!

My third choice on the menu was Lamb Loin with lamb neck terrine, pickled turnips, carrots, smoked aubergine, lamb sweetbreads (eeep! I didn't see this at the time, but hey what you don't know won't kill you) and Moroccan jus.
Lastly was the dessert ...yum!
I chose the Chocolate option which was made up of Ganache, Caramel and Milk Chocolate Mousse. Surprisingly this was not as sweet as it sounds and it came with the most yummy biscuit crumble and by now I was stuffed!
What I absolutely loved about this Chef's food style were all the lovely little heaps of flavour on the plates, the great textures and exceptional color. If I am really honest I have to share that I tasted each little part separately before eating the meal in an effort to see the art as separates and then as a whole.
What an experience!

In South Africa there is a saying "maagie vol, oogies toe!'

Thank you African Pride Hotels and Towers Restaurant for the most delicious food experience you guys really deserve the 5 and I will definitely be back!

Thank you Zomato for an awesome #ZomatoMeetup and for the fabulous new friends.

Disclosure Ranking 2(Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)