So guess by now you have realised that my blog is getting a little more personal these days, and that's okay (says me).

It's amazing how a career change can send you and your blog in a completely different direction , but still have all the elements of the old you!

You see now that I manage Social Media for a company as a job, I get the joy of writing the beauty and more technical side of my ' beauty industry' on those platforms ... although it is much broader than just that. The fact remains, I now find Femme Lifestyle a place where I want to share personal pleasures, personal favourites, my passions, my loves and maybe even a little on life through my eyes.

Today's post is on DETOXING YOUR LIFE, I hope you enjoy!

So we are going to cover three areas of life that I am currently detoxing
- DETOXING YOUR MIND
- DETOXING YOUR BODY
- DETOXING YOUR HOME

1. DETOXING YOUR MIND
It is so very easy to get caught up in life and it's frantic pace, running from here to there, helping family, helping friends, fulfilling commitments but where do you fit in?
After a bout of depression I have really refocused my brain, I have started taking more 'me time', without apologising for it. I am focussing on things that add value to my life and not those which drain me. I am not letting my blog add to my pressure, but rather publishing as I can and trusting that the brands that have worked with me longterm value quality over speed, and lastly I have started being kinder to my brain.

How can you be kinder to your brain?
- take your Omega's 3 & 6
- have a minimum of 8 hours sleep
- try brain training in the form of an app which stimulates brain functions. I found a great App called Elevate (you can get this free from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) this helps your brain to learn to function and concentrate again, especially after depression or where a lack of memory is concerned.

2. DETOXING YOUR BODY
It is so important to keep your body healthy as well as your mind, as you know I have recently embarked on a personal health journey because I believe all aspects of health are linked.
I have to be honest and say it is not easy eating smaller portions and drinking my 2litres of water a day. I choose to focus on the positives of soon feeling fit and healthy again. I have labelled my journey 'Desperately Seeking Heather'

Tips on detoxing:
- Drink a glass of lemon water first thing on waking (on an empty stomach)
- Drink 2 -3 litres of water/day
- Cut out processed and junk food
- reduce/cut out sugar
- A great liver detox supplement is Milk Thistle

3. DETOXING YOUR HOME 
It is just as important to detox your home as it is to cleanse your mind and body, clutter and chaos in a home can be mentally disturbing.
Often when you go through a spell of depression you may notice that things start piling up everywhere, not because you're a hoarder but rather because you have no desire to make an effort. The reason for this is that when you are going through a patch life becomes a little overwhelming and it is far easier to place things in a corner and pretend it is not there.

How to declutter your home:
- if you don't need it get rid of it
- if it doesn't fit give it to someone who needs it more than you
- if you haven't used it for more than a year you don't need it
- sort what you do have neatly into your cupboards and closets

Lastly my best piece of advice is make home a pleasurable experience, let the air and light move through your home, burn a familiar fragrance that will always let you know you are home and lastly don't forget to sit on the grass and let the sun shine on your shoulders ... Vitamin D is vital in balancing your mood and best of all it's free!

I hope you enjoyed this post, I would love your feedback!