As you know I recently celebrated my 41st birthday and I have been so spoilt by friends both near and far. I received so many amazing messages via SMS and on Facebook( I don't care what others say I read each and every one!) and I feel so loved and treasured.

The one thing I have really come to realize is that material things are great, they make you feel good for a while BUT the smile and hug of a true friend is just the most healing and heartwarming gift that can never be replaced.

I did however receive the most amazing spoil recently, from a treasured friend over the waters in Canada. I am indeed talking about none other than the most generous and warm hearted Dave Lackie, a man who makes many a lovely lady smile with his fantastic giveaway's.

Dave sent me a lipstick and cheek blusher as a treat and here are my reviews of these two lovely make up treasures.
Mac Rich Lipstick in Barking Gorgeous
Packaging: 4/5 -  Is a rather odd shaped tube with a matte lid and gloss finish base and a magnetic closure.
Coverage: 4/5 - This is a nude with a caramel/coral undertone and gives maximum coverage
Texture: 5/5 - I absolutely adore the rich creamy texture of this lipstick with it's feint vanilla undertones.
It's an all round winner in my books and a definite favourite nude lippie.

Mac Bao Bao Wan Powder Blush in Belightful Rev
Packaging: 5/5 - This comes packaged in the most beautiful brown/green shimmer compact that changes with the light, framed through a transparent window by a bronze metallic frame. Once again it comes with the magnetic closure.
I would be super flashy with this lovely blush!
Coverage: 4/5 - Is a light soft shimmer in a peach undertone with micro-gold pigments giving an almost halo type appearance on the cheek bones.
Texture: 4/5 - this is a micro-fine powder that does not creep, crawl or sit in fine lines and wrinkles. It has a build-able quality but remains sheer and feminine.

I absolutely adore these products and they are such a spoil and treat for me. I have always loved MAC in fact I used all MAC make up on my wedding day and to this day I love the coverage, the practical and rather contemporary packaging.

The Bao Bao Wan Collection is just one of many themed ranges the brand have recently launched as they become trendsetters as opposed to trend followers. For more on recent ranges such as the Toledo Collection and Nasty Gal Collection keep an eye on Dave Lackie's website davelackie.com he always has the insider info.

Thank you precious Dave and MAC for my treats , I had a super birthday and I am really looking forward to a fantastic year ahead.








Disclosure Ranking 1(Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)