This past weekend I got treated to lunch at DASH Restaurant in the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront which is nestled within The Queen Victoria (Newmark) Hotel.

Having previously been to this hotel previously for a launch, I absolutely fell in love with the decor and interiors and once again I was totally enamoured on Sunday.

The interiors are opulent, dark and mysterious marble, with hints of purple velvet (various shades) and plush area rugs ...so pretty!

DASH Restaurant is no exception, it features the same lavish decor , the tables are dark metal and topped with a hint of Africa, a lone Pincushion flower in a simple and understated glass vase.


The surroundings really are a virtual feast for the senses, but in no way is the food to be underestimated and/or outdone by this gorgeous decor.

Sunday's are blissfully peaceful at The Queen Victoria Hotel and I must say my guest and I were thrilled to dine in a tranquil and calm setting with the mist breezing in and out of the bay ... it truly is an undiscovered gem of a restaurant!

The lunch menu arrived and oh my goodness! it was so hard to choose , here is our food journey ...
So first up were the starters:

I decided on the Strawberry, Beetroot and Goat Cheese salad with rocket and toasted pine nuts, and it was a feast for the eyes and a treat for the taste buds (and maybe just a tad tarte on the tongue)
...so good!
My lunch companion choose to try the Asian Inspired Smoked Salmon Salad, Pineapple Salsa and Crispy Pickled Ginger, this looked just like spring on a plate and from the sounds eminating across the table I believe it was absolutely delicious.
All the flowers and components of the meals were edible and not just pretty decor.
We chose the Haute Cabriere Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2015 from Franschoek to accompany our meal. It was light with a hint of sweetness, beautifully full bodied and buttery on the palate ... a delightful wine for any occasion especially for those who prefer a less woody or dry wine.

Next up was the main course :
Here we both chose to have the meat option of a Sirloin Steak with Textures of Mushroom and Sweet & Sour Cabbage with Sweet Potato Fries and Truffle Mayonnaise.

All I can say is this one meaty .. from the chunky mushrooms(which were 'beefy' by mushroom standards) to the steak  which was cooked to perfection.
By now we were getting pretty full but there was no chance of us skipping dessert.

I must say I was a little disappointed as I initially wanted the Creme Brulee which was not available.

The desserts :
My second choice was the Pineapple and Sage Tarte Tatin with Beurre Noisette Ice-Cream and Pot Au Creme 
... and let me tell you it was like an angel chorus broke out in song ...absolutely heavenly!
My lunch companion chose to go with The Seasonal Fruit Lollipop with Strawberry Mousse and Granola. it went own a treat and look so pretty, but I think I created a little envy with all my 'ooohing' and 'aaaahing' over my delicious dessert (ooops!).
Overall we had such a phenomenal lunch experience both Maitre 'd Irene and our waitress Philiwe were delightful and catered to our every whim.

I will definitely be back as I found the food to be well priced , exceptionally well presented and I loved the relaxed , peaceful opulence.

To try it for yourselves here are the details:
Queen Victoria Hotel: +27 21 418 1466



Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)