As I recently shared I have been going through somewhat of a tough time and it is during these times that I seek solace in my favourite things ... silly but true!

I was so blessed the one day when I received an awesome package from Penguin Random House Struik, I literally let out a squeeee! of delight and trust me that alone was a miracle at the time. 

It was package with some lovely books to soothe my unsettled soul, and give me the much needed time away from my own dark thoughts and tears.

So here are a few of my FAVOURITE THINGS TO CHEER ME UP , I hope that you enjoy and maybe even indulge in your own favourite pleasure this weekend.

FAVOURITE THINGS TO CHEER ME UP
Rimmel Salon Pro Kate Nail Varnish in #703 - Rock n Roll
This is a great 'post box' red nail colour. I love it for between seasons and I find that it lasts quite well on my nails. It was also a great pop of colour on my nails just to brighten my day.

Here's my feedback out of 5:
Wear-abilty - 3 / 5
Packaging - 2/5 , I find the slanted lid awkward and the brush too thick
**Sorry I bought this some time back and can't remember the price.

Avene Eau Thermale Spring Water Aerosol - for sensitive skin

I received the AVENE thermal spring water in a press drop and I have to say I love mineral water spritzers to set my make up and also just to soothe my skin when I have my lovely 'hot flushes' a.k.a 'personal summers'. It reminds me a lot of Evian water but so much better as it is packed with minerals and has the perfect pH of 7.5 which is the same as that of the skin.

It is available at selected Clicks stores at R149.95 for 150ml (spritz can)
Feedback:
Efficacy - 4/5
Packaging - 4/5

Karin Slaughter - LATEST RELEASE -Pretty Girls

I have never had the pleasure of reading Karin Slaughter and I am truly enjoying Pretty Girls. I am not as yet finished this book however from the minute I laid my hands on it I have unable to put it down and I am sure it will be finished before the weekend is over.

I am excited to discover another new author and will do a full review once I am finished , here is a synopsis:

'More than twenty years ago, Claire and Lydia’s teenaged sister Julia vanished without a trace. The two women have not spoken since, and now their lives could not be more different. Claire is the glamorous trophy wife of an Atlanta millionaire. Lydia, a single mother, dates an ex-con and struggles to make ends meet. But neither has recovered from the horror and heartbreak of their shared loss—a devastating wound that’s cruelly ripped open when Claire’s husband is killed.

The disappearance of a teenage girl and the murder of a middle-aged man, almost a quarter-century apart: what could connect them? Forming a wary truce, the surviving sisters look to the past to find the truth, unearthing the secrets that destroyed their family all those years ago . . . and uncovering the possibility of redemption, and revenge, where they least expect it.'

This is available from all leading bookstores from August and retails for R285.00
ISBN: 978 17808 9356 3

Well that's all folks , I hope you enjoyed my favourite's at the moment and have a stunning weekend.







Disclosure Ranking 2(Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)