I have decided that I quite like sharing a few of my favourite things as I have , it gives you my readers a glimpse into my life of things that really make me happy, whether it's for a day, a month, a week or just whenever!

Once again this has been a rather hard week and I have dipped my toes into the shores of depression, even if only briefly ... but I'm fighting and standing strong on the Lord to just get me through this year, which seems to have been a truly awful one!

My birthday looms around the corner and next Saturday I will be celebrating with friends and on Sunday (my actual birthday) with my family. Life is precious and I am determined to bring joy into every moment I can, even if it means kicking a few clouds of depression's butt!

So here are my few favourite things this week ...
NYX - Love in Paris Palette in LI01 A LA MODE
This palette's packaging is just the prettiest thing ever with it's cute little bow clasp to open and close the lid. I love that this palette is full of a mixture of matte and shimmer shades in the prettiest taupe's and grey's.

This is my first NYX palette which I actually recieved as part of my nomination at the Beauty Blog Awards and I must say I am suitably impressed. The colour deposit is great and build-able, so if you like it a little smokey/darker looking you can easily achieve that look.

A bonus is that fact that this brand is cruelty free too.

Packaging: 4/5 - it's cute whimsical and hints a Paris
Longevity: 3/5 - these shadows only last about 3-4hours on my eyes before I need to touch up
** these products are available at selected Clicks stores

KARDASHIAN BEAUTY - Black Seed Dry Oil for hair
This little bottle and I do mean little at only 15ml, I received at the recent launch of the Kardashian's hair range in South Africa. After hearing that this oil is the so called 'secret ingredient' in their range I was excited to try it and see for myself.

I have used the Black Seed Dry Oil a few times and I must say that it sure seems to feed the hair , seal the ends and add the most incredible shine to my hair(this is hard with blonde hair , believe me). I am really loving this product which you can purchase at Mario's Company for Hair , to read more on the range (click here).

It has a real floriental perfume which is pleasant on application but doesn't really linger to long.

I cannot comment further on packaging as this is not a full-sized product.

FOOD FOR YOUR BROOD by Sam Gates
I reviewed Food for your brood a little while ago (click here) for PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE STRUIK. Once again I found myself picking up this lovely family friendly book and browsing the pages. I think I have placed at least 6 markers on recipes I want to try out.

Do yourself a favour buy this gem of a book, if you need to cook kid friendly meals or meals for larger family it will save you time and money for sure!

Available at all leading bookstores.










Disclosure Ranking 2(Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)