If you follow my blog regularly you will know that we have already covered the following two posts in this 3 part series :

Part 1 - The Humble Pot Pie
** 3 Fabulous Pot Pie Recipes to fill a hungry tummy this winter

Part 2 - Soulful Soups
** 3 Delicious Soups to warm the cockles this winter 

and now ...

Part 3 - Decadent Desserts
** 3 Sinful baked desserts to tempt and delight your family this winter

First up today is Pippa Rowney from Coffey & Cake , her image alone was enough to make me want to march off to the kitchen and get baking.
INDIVIDUAL APPLE CRUMBLES - by Pippa Rowney

'This has got to be the easiest and quickest recipe ever. I had to make a dessert for a dinner I was going to and thought it would be cute to make individual apple crumbles for each person. So here is how I did it. '

Ingredients
250g butter
2.5 cups of flour
Sugar (preferably brown or caramel)
1 tin of pie apples
Cinnamon
Zest of 1 lemon
Custard or Cream

Method
First things first, set your oven to 180 degrees C.
I used half a block of butter and made sure it was nice and soft (not melted).
I rubbed the butter into about 2 and a half cups of flour to make a crumble (just do one cup at a time until it is not sticky).
I then added half a cup of sugar (you can add more if you are not having custard and want it a bit sweeter).

Grease a muffin pan and place 1 or 2 heaped table spoons of crumble into each cup (depending on size of muffin tray).
Use your fingers to pat the crumble into the cups and up the sides, making a nice base for the crumbles.

Place this under the grill until lightly golden. Leave to cool.

Now mix one large tin of pie apples with a sprinkling of cinnamon, dash of lemon zest and 2 tbsp brown sugar.
Place a spoonful of apple, cinnamon and sugar mix into each cup of the muffin tray.

Use the left over crumble to cover the apple mix (don’t push it down, leave it crumbly on top).

Bake for about 20-25mins or until crumble starts to brown (Keep checking because you don’t want the base to burn).

Take them out the oven, plate, and serve with cream or homemade custard.
This is the perfect winter dessert, and a little secret… after a day or 2, they are just as delicious (if not better).

You can find more from Pippa at:
Coffey & Cake - www.coffeyandcake.com
Twitter - @PipsRowney


I am truly so blessed by the generous bloggers that embraced my invitation and took part in the last three series and again I cannot thank them enough!

Next up is Lifestyle & Food Blogger Inge Loker from Snap, Sizzle and Cook.

SENSATIONAL SAGO PUDDING - by Inge Loker
You will need:
 4 cups of milk
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp butter
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cardamom pods
2 star anise
1 cup sago
1 tin of condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 egg yolks
60ml smooth apricot jam
Sugar to sprinkle
Custard or double thick cream to serve
Method: Bring the milk, salt, butter, cinnamon, cardamom and star anise to a boil over medium heat.  
Add the sago and stir continuously for about 20 minutes or until the sago is transparent.
Mix the condensed milk, vanilla and egg yolks together then stir through the sago mixture for 3 minutes.  
Divide and spoon the apricot jam into 4 – 6 ramekins (depending on size) and top with sago pudding.  Sprinkle a layer of sugar over the pudding and caramelize with a blow torch or under a heated grill.

You can find more from Inge at:
Snap , Sizzle & Cook
Twitter: @inge_loker

Funny enough my mum and I were chatting about Sago pudding just last weekend, so I will definitely be giving this one a try.

Now last but not least I have to admit that life caught up with me the last few weeks and I really have been lagging behind and failing at catch up when I have the chance so this post is actually quite delayed.

I also have to admit that I took the easy route and tried a mug cake recipe which I have been dying to do ... so without further ado , here is the easiest baked dessert in under 5 minutes !

Chocolate Marshmallow Mug Cake
You will need:
1 x Extra Large Mug or 2 Small Mugs (recommended)

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp Self Raising Flour
2 Tbsp Cocoa
3 Tbsp Sugar
5 Tbsp Milk
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Egg
2 Large Marshmallows

Method:
Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the Marshmallows in a jug.
Pour half the batter into the extra large mug , drop in the two marshmallows and cover with the rest of the batter.

Microwave between 2 - 3 minutes ( depending on your microwaves wattage) , my 900watt microwave takes 2 minutes exactly.

This makes the most delicious chocolatey gooey marsmallowy treat.

On the day I made this I took one across to my dear friend and neighbor Hayley who is 6 months pregnant and let's just say the first thing she did was take a photo and then I had to let myself out because the mug cake became her sole focus.
Hayley's words were ... 'I just need to sit down and have a quiet moment with this' ... Tee hee!

Try it you'll love it and really it is the easiest dessert ever!

So as they say in the movies 'that's all folks' now the proof really is in the pudding ... so go forth and bake!








PLEASE NOTE: all this recipes were submitted by the food bloggers mentioned above with rights to use both recipes and photo's.
All content is copyrighted and express permission from the owners is required for reproduction.