When I recently received Sam Gates Food For Your Brood, I thought 'brood'??

I may not have a brood (not of my own anyway , do my parents count ... they sure feel like a brood), but I do love food and have recently found myself having to cook for my mom and dad due to ill health and operations  ... getting old is not for the squeamish!

Paging through this lovely book which offers quick easy and scrumptious meals varying from the most delicious heart shaped tart to the veggies disguised as 'fritters it is truly a down to earth handbook for the modern day mum but also a treasure trove for those who enjoy entertaining and sharing love through food.
This week I had to cook for my dad who loves the 'good things in life' for him that translates to biltong , chips and no veggies. I knew I had to do something that would get a little vegetable in there but they had to go 'under cover'.

... enter my 'Courgette fritters that don't taste like old sponges'! ( Yes , that is the name of the recipe)
This recipe Courgette fritters that don't taste like old sponges, can be found on pg 64 of Food For Your Brood. The fritters are an absolute delight and have a slight lemony flavour and guess what? My dad loved them!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 
Here are a few recipes for you to try at home and if your still not convinced to buy this amazing recipe book , well then I am afraid I foresee kitchen struggles in your future!




 I have just loved cooking a few recipes as well as browsing through this recipe book and I have a few other recipes already tagged and ready for me to shop.

For me the following stood out:
- Quick and Easy recipes that everyone can do
- Ingredients that are readily available
- Food that covers all age groups and tastes
- Practical and well laid out

FOOD FOR YOUR BROOD retails for  R275.00
ISBN: 978-1-43230-327-3

For more info visit : http://www.randomstruik.co.za