When Chia first hit the skin care industry I sat up and took note.

It was hailed as the next greatest superfood for the skin and after researching for an article(read here) I could see why.
So it was with even more intrigue that I then watched it become a hit on the 'foodie' scene and amongst the healthy eaters too.

It was then that I decided that I just have to try and make what has become known as 'Chia Pudding' , you see it is in fact not really a pudding at all but rather a sweet mixture of liquids that the Chia seed soaks in and swells to what can be 10 x it's original size.
This in turn can then be glammed up with a variety of added sprinkles and sauces afterwards when serving.

I must say I find Chia delicious and have already tried two versions of my own.


YUMMIEST CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING

Ingredients
Chocolate Chia
1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
1 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa (I recommend NOMU)
3 Tbsp Sugar / Honey / Agave / Xylitol
3 cups milk / almond milk / soy milk / coconut milk

Chocolate Sprinkle
2 Tbsps Coconut Flakes
1 Tsp Goji Berries
1 Tsp Almonds
1 Tsp Flax seeds / Linseed
1 Tsp Cocoa


Instructions
Chocolate Chia
In a large resealable container mix all the ingredients together and agitate well for about 5 minutes.
Leave in a sealed container in the fridge for a minimum of 24hours (agitate at least 3 times in between).

Chocolate Sprinkle
Mix all the ingredients together and set aside until ready to serve , you can alternatively make this in large batches and store in an airtight container.

To serve spoon the Chocolate Chia mix into a glass container of your choice (it show the chia off in all it's glory) and sprinkle some of the topping to decorate.

Serves 4 (small glasses)
 
 
Cooks notes -

Despite what recipes may say I have found that for Chia to truly absorb the liquid it takes at least 24hrs.
I also found that you do need to agitate the liquid and Chia  at least 3 times to improve the absorption of the liquids.
 
** You can find Chia Seeds at Dis-Chem , Wellness Warehouse and now even at Checkers Hyper

Enjoy this recipe lovelies knowing that you'll get the benefit both inside and out #antioxidants #superfood








Disclosure Ranking 1- (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section