I love a good read and every now and then I find myself wanting to read a heart warming and tender novel ... a deviation from my favourite detective , murder and forensic pathology type genre.

James Patterson is a favourite read and so when I saw a romance novel by him and co-author Emily Raymond I just could not resist.

So here is what I thought ...

ISBN:

9780099591320

Format:
 
Paperback


Recommended Price: 
n/a 

Published: February 2015


From the publishers:
When Axi Moore decides to take a road trip across the US, the only person she wants to go with her is her best friend Robinson – who she also happens to be secretly in love with. She's planned it all out, and all he has to do is say yes.

Axi has had a tough life: her little sister died young, her mother walked out and her father turned to the bottle for comfort. Her parents escaped their grief in their own ways; this trip will be hers.

But life doesn't always work out as you plan it, and there are some things you just can't run away from.

---------------------------------
This is a rather personal romance novel based on a real life journey by James Patterson , the story is a bittersweet tale of love , a romance destined never to end ... but cut short by the realities of life.

It is a book about daring to break boundaries and suffer the consequences, to live for the moment and celebrate each special moment shared because when each moment counts that's all you have got.
--------------------------------------------------
If I have to be honest I would say I struggled to get into this book at first and to figure out what exactly the connection between the lead characters were other than an obvious attraction. As the story unfolds and you get drawn into the world of 'Axi' Moore a so called 'goodie two shoes' , her sad home life and the desire to experience more of life, you are suddenly introduced to the ever charming 'Robinson'.

This boy is slightly older than Axi and clearly does not shares Axi's need to do the 'right thing', Robinson rather has a penchant to flirt with the darker side ... a definite daredevil.

Axi convinces Robinson to take off with her , leave life as they new it behind and travel to all her dream destinations (and a few of his) in a typically well organised and pre-planned journey ... but Robinson has other ideas.

The story ends very sadly and leaves you feeling robbed as much as the characters in the book , however it is one of the loveliest , most heart-warming love stories I have read in a long time and I certainly shed more than my fair share of tears.

Available at leading book stores, published by Random House Struik



Disclosure Ranking 2- (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section)