Having always been a foodie at heart , nothing gives me more comfort than hours in the kitchen creating and the appreciative 'oooh's and aaah's' that follow at the dining room table.

I have also learnt to appreciate and respect foodies , food bloggers and chef's as let me tell you cooking and creating takes time , dedication and does not come cheap!

It is with great delight that I share the fact that I submitted one of my favourite dessert recipes for a competition that Samsung SA was running called FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD, and guess what I won!

I wish you could have seen the joy on my face when I was shortlisted and then seen the 'moondance' when I won (I was full of the flu and could barely speak ... but dance and jig I could).

I am excited to share that Chef Reuben Riffel has cooked all the winning dishes including my humble dessert and they will be featured in the Media.

I have included all the winners below as well as the dates that the various winning dishes will be featured and aired in the Media , please share a little love for all the winning recipes and I would love to hear what you thought of mine.

The winners per category are:

1. Quick snacks: Kelly Nair’s Pilchard Curry Pockets
2. Fancy CanapĂ©s: Zurita Roos’ Creamy Asparagus Starter
3. Braai: Lloyd Griffin’s Deboned Stuffed Leg of Lamb
4. Fish and Seafood: Gresham Madhan’s Exotic Braaied Snoek
5. Slow-cooked dishes: Tasneem Jaffer’s Special Mutton Curry
6. Dessert: Heather de Bruin’s Plum and Pear Crumble

You can view the recipes here http://theloveoffood.co.za.

The dates for airing on Expresso and in YOU and Huisgenoot:

10 April - Kelly’s Tasty Quick Snack
17 April - Zurita’s Fancy CanapĂ©
24 April - Lloyd’s Delicious Braai Dish
1 May - Gresham’s Exotic Snoek
8 May - Tasneem’s Special Curry
15 May - Heather's Delectable Desserts

I can't tell you how amazing it is to have won R50 000  worth of Samsung merchandise , it's such a blessing as my convectional microwave has just packed up a month ago (Samsung Smart Oven ...watch out I'm coming for you!) and I can finally get a proper camera to take pictures of the food I create (it's been on my wishlist forever).

Thank you Samsung SA for such an amazing prize and an opportunity for all us budding foodies to be able to share our passion.











Disclosure Ranking 1 (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section)