I am eternally on the hunt for the perfect Matt and neutral vanilla eyeshadow to use over my whole eye area as well as under the brow. As I am getting older I am beginning to realize just how important the 'matte' part is  ...

With age comes 'droopy' skin and it's amazing just how much the pearl eye shadows manage to creep into each and every nook and cranny make you look years older , not to mention washed out.

I recently pounced on this lovely nude Matt eyeshadow of Essence's from a newly launched range called 'I love nude' , here are my thoughts on the eyeshadow I chose to purchase.

ESSENCE I LOVE NUDE EYESHADOW - #01 VANILLA SUGAR
So here is what I thought ...

Packaging -
The packaging is a cute mono shadow , a transparent lid proudly displays the colour of the shadow within. It is practical and functional for both a cosmetic purse or handbag.

Texture -
This is a baked eyeshadow , the result is a super-refined , super-smooth texture that is almost like a cream-powder. It is both luxurious and long lasting.

Efficacy -
I found this eye shadow to wear well and last approximately 5-6 hours on my skin before I need to touch up.

I love how it has a build-able quality to the colour deposit , it smoothes on easily and does not creep into the folds. overall I was happy with my purchase and I will be repurchasing in the future.

This eye shadow costs a bit more than Essence's usual mono- shadows, but for the life of me I cannot find my receipt ...sorry.

I bought my shadow at Dis-Chem.








 Disclosure Ranking 1 (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section