It's no secret that I love a bargain as much as the next beauty addict and what place is better to find a few budget beauty buys than Dis-Chem.

On a recent visit I found a whole new variety of masks and scrubs from Freeman's , but what really puts a smile on my face is the fact that you can find sachets which are any thing from a single use to 2-3 applications.

For me these are a treat if you are looking for a variety and not wanting to commit to a full sized product. It also gives you the opportunity to experiment until you find the product that is perfectly suited to your skin.

 FREEMAN'S CHARCOAL & BLACK SUGAR POLISHING MASK
So here is what I thought ...

Packaging -
They have these fun shaped sachets, they are colourful and have the ingredients displayed through enticing and bright graphics on the front of each sachet.

This particular product seems to have won the Allure Best of Beauty 2013 ( good to know).

Fragrance -
 It has what I would describe as a feminine but rather herbal smell to it , not overpowering at all but rather soft and lingering.

Texture -
 The texture is that of a fine granulated sugar paste , it is sticky and clumpy and quite difficult to apply to dry skin . My suggestion would be to dampen the skin slightly ... BUT DO NOT MAKE IT WET!

This product is supposed to contain Charcoal and Black Sugar. What I personally found to be surprising is how little charcoal it appears to contain, also the sugar is not really black but rather a clear crystalline sugar, which appears to be a dirty grey from the charcoal in the product.

Efficacy -
 It felt quite awkward applying a sugary scrub as a mask to my skin and then leaving this stickiness to drop off in fine crystals on my clothes. Secondly I didn't feel that there was honestly enough kaolin clay or charcoal in the product to actually call this a mask.
As a scrub it is effective albeit rather coarse for a sensitive skin. 

Although I am an avid fan of Freeman's masks and scrubs I have to be honest and say that this is just not my cup of tea despite the awards ...sorry!

This sachet retails at Dischem for approximately ZAR 15 -18.00
 
 
Disclosure Ranking 1 (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section)