I have a passion for rosy , red and lovely ripe tomatoes , yes indeedy! I am one of those very strange people that could eat an tomato like an apple in no time at all ...yummy!

I guess it will come as no surprise then that I also love stuffed tomatoes , I learnt how to make these from watching my mum .. I tweaked things a little to suit my lifestyle (no wheat , low carb) and now I'm sharing it with you today ... enjoy!

Stuffed tomatoes

Preparing & Cooking time - 50 mins
Serves: 2 - 4

Ingredients:
4 large but firm tomatoes
500gr extra lean beef mince
1 clove garlic
1 Tsp ginger
1 extra large egg
2 Tbsp psyllium husk / you can substitute with 1 slice bread ( which has been softened with a little milk)
1 pinch garlic salt
1 pinch crushed black pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch paprika

For the topping:
4 small cubes of cheddar cheese

Method:
- hollow out the tomatoes and cut the flesh you have removed into a bowl ( set these aside)
- in the bowl with the tomato flesh place the mince , garlic , ginger , spices and the egg. Mix the ingredients together and add the psyllium husks and leave to stand for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- preheat your oven to 180'c
- take the mince mixture and stuff the tomatoes

- place the tomatoes on a baking tray and bake at 180'c for 20minutes
- place the block of cheese on top of each tomato and bake for a further 5 - 10 minutes. The cheese will melt over the tomato and turn a golden brown
- serve between 1 - 2 tomatoes per person with either vegetable or a salad side dish.

Cooks notes -
** I enjoy cutting sweet potatoes ( yams) into chips (fries) and placing them around and between the tomatoes whilst cooking. The chips are lovely and crispy and they get covered in the tasty juices from the tomatoes.




Disclosure Ranking 1- (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section)