I recently got to spend an evening at the Protea Fire & Ice Cape Town, now for those of you who don't know it has just had a revamp. I was a little apprehensive as to what to expect until I walked into reception.

The Fire & Ice has the most beautiful foyer and reception in glass , wood and antique newspaper wall coverings ... it's gorgeous. The upper levels however are HOT HOT HOT! With rich reds , flaming carpets , rainbow coloured lights snd the most comfortable beds ever!

We had dinner that evening which included the a gastronomical experience for which this hotel has become renown ...
As we settled at our table we started with  lovely cocktails to soothe the nerves and relax the muscles ... a rather potent Cosmopolitan for me.
My first course of the evening was a chicken and prawn salad called the 'Nutty Gardener', which was lovely with a 3 dimensional layer of textures. I must mention beware it is quite large.
I chose the 'Cheese Cheese Cheese' Burger which despite being a best seller, was not quite what I had envisioned from the description. Don't get me wrong it was delicious but in my opinion just not cheesy enough for it's name.
I rounded my meal off with the 'Godfather' which in my opinion was not well plated and actually looked artificial mainly due to the colour combination of green and red embelishments.
The taste however was again rather 'heavenly' and reminiscent of Tiramisu ...yum!
I washed my meal down with the newly released 'Salted Popcorn Shake' which was beyond description it was so delicious and despite being full I finished every single drop.
The restaurant is situated at the Protea Hotel Fire and Ice Cape Town and thus has many other facilities should you be staying and not just visiting for dinner.

I would recommend this as a great place to go for a fun Friday evening meal or a catch up session with a friend , it is definitely not a romantic restaurant, what with the bar and DJ in the evenings.

However good food and great service are guaranteed.

Facilities:
- Luxury Hotel Accomodation
- Swimming Pool
- Restaurant
- Cocktail Bar
- Gym
- Conference Centre

Wheel Chair Friendly : Yes
Parking Availability - Limited 


Disclosure Ranking 2- (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section)