This year has seen me start with a new challenge ' PROJECT ME' , I have embarked on a diet ... yes a diet!

I have tried my best at #banting and #lchf, I found it easy and yet I never felt satiated and whilst I intially shed 8kg's I hit a plateau for 4 months frustrating. Now before you ask, yes .. I have The Real Meal Revolution , yes ... I followed the guidelines and yes ... I read the entire book ... can only think it's my hormones playing up...anyhoo, I decided a change was needed ...

That however is my personal journey and I still love banting and believe in it wholeheartedly , I still stick to the principle of 'Low Carb living' But I have to find a long term eating plan and diet that suits 'MY' body.
So to all the successful banters out there ... keep going despite the #bantingbashing, if it suits your body and you are loosing , that is all that counts!

My new journey began 2 weeks ago with my weigh in and stats being written down (eeeeeep!) but I am well on my way with my Herbalife journey ( again this is a personal choice and not neceassarily suited to all).
I started with some apprehension, but I must be honest and say it's 'easy as pie' and in my first 4 days I lost 8cm (with no excercise) ... a good start!
** I will blog more on this in the future but for now let's say ...all is well!

In the meantime I have decided from here on out that I am going to make it a priority to focus on 'tasty healthy eating' by following the principles and calorie guidelines as laid out in Dr Liebenberg's 'The Brain Surgeon's Diet'.
Not only does his reasoning ring true and align with my beliefs, but he is a living testimony to this lifestyle ... and as such his suggested way of living has become my goal for my 'Maintenance Plan'. Once I have achieved my goal weight it will be eating for my size not my tastebuds!

I have also been scouring healthy eating blogs for new recipes ( again watch this space) whilst on my hunt discovered these 3 awesome cookbooks, they are new releases from my favourite publisher (Penguin).

ISBN:
978192138335

Format:
Hardback

Recommended Price:
R495.00

Published:
January 2015

About the book:
Belinda Jeffery's instinctive cooking style responds to the seasons. With this in mind she has divided her latest cookbook into recipes to suit the time of year.

During the long, hot days of summer, savour the delicacy of tea-smoked salmon glazed with wasabi butter. In the cooler months, spend a cosy afternoon in the kitchen, making slow-cooked Turkish lamb with prunes, saffron and cinnamon or a pot of Boston baked beans. For those in-between days, be tempted by pork and water chestnut burgers with sesame bok choy, or a warm lentil salad with beetroot, fennel and goat's cheese. And just about everyone can squeeze in a little something sweet at the end of a meal, making a slice of chocolate crackle and caramel ice-cream loaf or butterscotch pears with almond praline hard to resist.

This book looks and sounds totally inspirational and yet easy enough for the novice in the kitchen!
-------------------------------------- 
ISBN:
9781921383717

Format:
Hardback

Recommended Price:
ZAR 495.00

Published:
January 2015


About the book:
What Katie Ate: At the Weekend takes favourite recipes from Katie Quinn Davies' wildly successful blog, along with many never-seen-before recipes, and presents them in this gorgeous book filled with Katie's unique and beautiful photography. She shares her inspiring ideas for informal get-togethers, whether it be for a couple or a crowd. Entice your guests with Katie's refreshing take on flavour-packed pizzas, salads, tapas, cocktails and decadent desserts.

I have followed Katie's blog since I started blogging , I love her photographs which have the ability to stir emotions through images, something I never thought possible with food . Katie is an inspiration and these recipes are bound to contain both heart and soul.

Please do visit her blog , you will be inspired I promise ... www.whatkatieate.com


Here is one of her recipes you might want to try:
CINNAMON TEA & CHOCOLATE, SALTED CARAMEL TARTLETS
 
 -------------------------------------- 

ISBN:
978071815953

Format:
Hardback

Recommended Price:
ZAR 390.00

Published:
August 2014

About the book:
Jamie's cookbook for 2014 is all about those wonderful comforting dishes closest to your heart.

It's about food that makes you feel safe, secure, excited and happy. Dishes are inspired by everything from childhood memories to the seasons, taking into account all those guilty pleasures and lots of good mood food.

With much-loved meals from around the world, the recipes in this beautiful book are guaranteed to hit the spot, every time.

From the ultimate mac 'n' cheese and mighty moussaka, to delicate delicious gyozas, and lots of indulgent sticky toffee pudding and retro semifreddo viennetta, there's something for everyone.

Here is one of his recipes you might want to try:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAUQjhw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seriouseats.com%2F2014%2F09%2Finsanity-burger-from-jamie-olivers-comfort-food.html&ei=KrLAVN6QDouwUeOagMAF&bvm=bv.83829542,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNFNzcM3kvBCz_AmpqnztGkYArkY5A&ust=1422001034712090
 Insanity Burger
from Jamie's Comfort Food by Jamie Oliver, Insanity Burger, page 94
RECIPE SOURCE : PENGUIN NZ

I have always been a fan of Jamie's and I continue to enjoy his recipes , his love for fresh and healthy food and his continual fight against food which contributes towards obesity (especially in kids).

So there you have it my current favourites ... what are yours?







Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'About Me' section)