Never in a million years did I think I would be writing an article about 'CAKE TRENDS' , yes you heard me there are indeed cake trends.

I recently came across an interesting feature on Cake Trends for 2015 and thought I would share some of them with you. 

First up are the colours that are currently make an impression:
- Browns
- Dusky Pinks
- Blush Pinks
- Spruce Green

So what else could we possibly do to create a new trend in cakes .... well 'THE CHALKBOARD CAKE' of course!
I must say these cakes which have a distinct 'vintagey feel' to them are rather appealing and I love the writing on them. Sous Chef's , Bakeries and cake makers on the other hand are heaving a sigh of relief at not having to worry about scuffs , marks and cornflour residue.
liz_mareks_chalkboard_wedding_cake
This cake made by the seriously talented Liz Marek from the Artisan Cake Company, visit her website and checkout the Tutorials as she teaches you how to create these amazing Vintage Styled Cakes.

sweet_love_cake_couture
A child-like play on the Chalkboard Cake certainly hits the spot as unique , creative and maybe even a little whimsical -  made by Sweet Love Cake Couture .
Artisan Cake Company
Artisan Cake Company

And then there were CHALKBOARD COOKIES!
I love these and am definitely gonna have to ry and make some.
eat_my_cake_cookies
Made by - Eat My Cake even took it to the next level and created the Chalkboard effect on cookies.

So as you can see this is a new trend and I can't wait to see it start hitting the South African shores as I have not as yet heard or seen any of these ...hmmmm maybe I should be first (tee hee).

' Some problems only cake can solve!' - says I.

Disclosure Ranking 1 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the 'Abouit Me' section)