Hi lovelies,

I’m back again!! Can you believe this is my last post here for this year? Seriously, where has this year gone? It has been such a treat to be able to do these post so thank you SO much Heather. I have had an absolute ball!!

I left this image specifically for December because it had a lot of red in it. I have mentioned here before but if you read my blog you will also know. I am NOT really good with freehanding nail art. Seriously, I shake like a crazy person when I try to do anything. Unfortunately this one required some freehanding so it might not be perfect but I think it does the job ;) So, for you today, I have a ladybug skittlette. Let me tell you how I did it.

Polishes used:
White: Sinful Colors – Snow me whie
Black: Sinful Colors – Black on black
Glitter red: Morgan Taylor – Rare as rubies
Red creme: RubyBox nailed it! - Siren

Tools used:
A black striper (or a clean liquid liner brush, striper brush etc).
A small dotting tool or toothpick, bobby pin etc.


1. I started off with my base coat and 2 coats of Sinful Colors – Snow me white on all my nails except my ring finger. On my ring finger I have 2 coats of Morgan Taylor – Rare as rubies. Leave that to dry completely.

2. Once it is dry I used Sinful Colors – Black on black and a dotting tool to create polka dots on my pinky and index fingers. Topcoat and leave to dry.

3. On my middle finger I used a dotting tool and Rubybox – Siren to make biggish dots in random places on my nail. Leave to dry.

4. Once it was dry I used my smallest dotting tool (a toothpick will work perfectly too) and the black polish to make the little head part, the feelers and a few tiny polka dots on the ‘body’ This was the freehand part that really kicked my bum. They aren’t perfect little ladybugs but they do look like it right? Topcoat and leave to dry

5. On the glittery red polish I decided to make one big lady bug. I used a black striper but you can also use a dotting tool, toothpick or small brush. I did a black curved tip and filled it in with the black. I then did a black stripe vertically down the middle of my nail. I then used a dotting tool to create polka dots on either side of the line. Once the black tip was drier, I used white and a dotting tool to make 2 white dots for the eyes. I then used my small dotting tool to make 2 small black dots on the white to create the eyes. Topcoat and leave to dry.

What do you think? I really liked the combination of the red, white and black. Now if only my freehand skills were better you could’ve had perfect little ladybugs. This is really not that difficult, I just struggle with freehand. Seriously, I can barely draw a stick figure without making it look like it is at a rave of some sort.

Thanks again so much for having me here. It’s my favourite place to visit. I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a very blessed Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year.

xoxo
M
  photo ordinarymisfit_zpsf378d4b4.png

Disclosure Ranking - Guest Post - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)