So I have been ever so lucky to have my hair 'did' , this little 'hair make-over' has been sponsored by Style Bar , a fabulous group of Hair Salons dotted throughout Cape Town.


I was booked in nice and early for my hair last Saturday , I knew I wanted a change and something fun. I just wasn't quite sure what?
After much contemeplation and discussion with my stylist we agreed on what in known as 'Colour Blocking' , we were going to do bold platinum chunky blonde streaks, with blocks of a deep pink in between and still keep a few sections of my own mousey blonde.

We also decided to do an angled bob, with fun wispy layering that would show rather well and suit my hair both straight or curly ( as you all know I am a curly wurly by nature).

Style Bar Tygervalley is fun , it has a real clean and contemporary look and feel which one would think would be cold , but it is not at all.
I love the fun 'dining room table' styled sitting space in the shop it was great to just relax and read in what felt like a little corner of home.

Whilst I was at Style Bar I bumped into two of my fellow bloggers and friends , Leigh of FairLeigh and Laura-Jane of Whimsy is Forever ... such fun.


So I guess you want to see my transformation by now .... here goes ...
BEFORE                                                                                                                                      AFTER



Unfortunately I was not able to take my own pics and mumsy well she's not that great (sorry mum) ,   as you can see it was nothing drastic , but the layering is great and the pink underneath and the few streaks are such fun.

Style Bar has  salons in the following areas in Cape Town:
- Cape Gate
- Stellenbosch
- Pinehurst
- De Ville
- Constantia
- Palmyra
- Tygervalley
and their Head Office

Style Bar also own a fabulous Online Hair Store known as Retail Box , my stylist recommended for my hair the Kerastase Absolute Repair Range ... yes ladies, it is a proper hair consultation!

I know I was impressed as I got the same service for my hair as I would've expected of a therapist when having a facial.

Overall I had such a lovely experience , from the yummy Cappucino, to the heavenly scalp massage at the basins (and the fragrance and the hair products ...*swoon*) but most importantly the fabulous advice and results were worth the visit alone.

Here is just a taster of their services ..
Ladies Cut  - From ZAR 200
Cut & Blow Long Hair -  From ZAR 360
Kerastase Treatments  - ZAR 290



Disclosure Ranking 1 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)