Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the first #FLATWHITEMEETUP , the tickets were R150.00 each and the guest speaker was Paul Raphaely of NOMU.

I arrived at the venue which is the lovely MISCHU COFFEE SHOWROOM in Regent Road Sea Point (Cape Town), I had never met Christine from Flat White Concepts although I had won a competition on her Twitter and we had the ocassional chat (or should I say Tweet) and so I really had no idea who to look out for. Cluelessy I waltzed into Mischu and was immediately greeted by the sweet Christine and directed on how to locate my designated 'spot' for the afternoon.

I soon saw a few blogger friends and went around saying all my 'hello's', before settling at my table with a whole lot of new faces and my lovely friend Fi of Tea with Flea.

After settling my bags and cooling down (it was so humid and I walked a distance to get there ... self imposed), I proceeded to join Fi in ordering the yummiest Hot Chocolate chatting happily whilst waiting on the main speakers presentation, the topic 'Do What You Love'

So it was down to business with Paul Raphaely sharing he and his wife Tracy's journey in Entrepreneurship. The accidental journey of taking on and beating of Cadbury's in the Skinny Hot Chocolate business. Describing a process filled with challenges , joy , almost bankrupcy , overcoming and finally victory. NOMU now stands proud and faces a future which holds some great and affordable products to be targeted and priced to suit all budgets and cultural groups in SA....you go guy's!
Nomu always has had my support and will continue to do so.

We also had a presentation by Mischu (obviously owner of MISCHU COFFEE SHOWROOM) he shared his passion for coffee , the joy at achieving and recieving awards in 2014 for the best Barrista's and the best coffee blend for his ISABELLA'S BLEND (named after his 2yr old daughter ...awwwwww) in South Africa.
Mischu also offers a variety of Coffee Workshops and Barrista training.

So in between sips , chomping and listening we got to mingle and I met the lovely Leigh who shared that she would like to start a blog next year and is just putting her feelers out and seeing what all it entails.
We were truly spoilt on the day with lovely treats in our Goodie Bags from:
Royal Dansk Cookies , Nomu ,Sir Juice , Angelheart SA ,Fresh Living Magazine , Beluga Restaurant , Wineweb , Angelfoods Fudgery and Truth Coffee.

A big thank you to Flat White Concepts , Christine it was a great afternoon spent with good friends both new and old.





Disclosure Ranking 1 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)