When I received this scrub as part of a fabulous media drop showcasing some new and exciting products to be sold in Edgars I was intrigued.
Products that are made using a variety of locally sourced ingredients ,unique and specific to the various regions in South Africa.
 

I literally couldn't wait to get my hands on it  .. Erm or maybe ... it on my hands * hee hee* and so I dived right in that evening scrubbing my hands before bed.

ZA REPUBLIK KAROO CURE EXFOLIATING HAND SCRUB
So here is what I thought ...

Packaging -
The product comes packaged in a silver foil tube with a brown plastic screw top lid which is quite small and can be a little tricky to get back on. The look and feel of this product is quite retro vintage.

Fragrance -
I must be honest and say that when I saw buchu I was a little concerned having worked with the essential oil quite extensively in the past. My fears however were not realized, as soon as I opened the product and took a whiff it was a lovely soft, fresh and floral fragrance.

Texture -
The texture is similar to a balm, but with sugar and silica particles in it. The base products almost melts when it comes into contact with the heat of the skin and in turn the sugar gradually disolves leaving only the silica particles behind, to be rinsed off. A residue of balm is left on the skin after rinsing, this leaves the skin feeling soft and hydrated.

Efficacy -
This is a super effective hand scrub and first for me with this texture and feel. My skin felt super soft after using it , the circulation was definitely stimulated and the overall appearance of my hands was far smoother and brighter looking..

Would I use this product again?
Yes, in a heartbeat.
It is budget friendly , local and super effective at rejuvenating hands and getting rid of dead skin .... What's not to love?

Retails approx ZAR 35 -50.00

The ZA REPUBLIK products are available exclusively at Edgar's stores.

For more info:
Website: www.beautyfactory.co.za
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BeautyFactorySA
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BeautyFactorySA





Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)