A few months ago I saw a bunch of mixed reviews about the Maybelline Clear Smooth by beauty bloggers that had been sent product as part of a media pack.

Never one to just take things at face value, I felt I needed to try this out for myself and on a whim one day.
I bought myself this product to try and thought I share what I think of it.

MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH - ALL IN ONE CAKE POWDER (01 LIGHT)
So here is what I thought ...

Packaging -
The packaging is so pretty and ultra feminine from the box in pastel pinks and green to the compact itself which is the softest pink. The compact comes with an applicator spong and built in mirror for ease of use on the run.

Fragrance -
A slightly soft and sweet smell but nothing overpowering or that lingers on the skin.

Texture -
The texture of this powder is super fine it smoothes over the skin like a dream and gives good coverage , I wouldn't say full coverage though. It refines the skin and helps to smooth out wrinkles ( I even checked this claim out be testing it on my mom, she looked great and a good few years younger too).

Efficacy -
This product in my eyes lives up to the majority of it's claims , I was super impressed with the coverage and the durability of the product (for a powder).
Would it replace my dad to day foundation? No , but it will always be in my handbag for quick touch up's especially during summer where I melt at the first sign of heat.

Maybelline have outdone themselves in my eyes with the texture and the sheer lightweight feeling of this product on the skin.

Retails for approx ZAR 80.00

For more info:
 http://www.maybelline.co.za/






Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)