Hi lovelies,

I’m baaaack!!  The last few weeks have been crazy busy so I first have to give a huge thanks to Heather for being so super patient with me.  Smooch!

Today’s inspiration image has been one of my favourites from the very beginning but I wasn’t sure if I would be able to do it justice.  In a perfect world I would be able to draw the pattern but this is not a perfect world and my freehand skills still stink. So for the last few months I have been considering how to get inspired by the image in a totally manageable way.  I kept coming back to borders.  So here are some bordered roses nail art.  Let me tell you how I did it.

Polishes used:
White:  Sinful Colors –  Snow me whie
Green: Sinful Colors – Pistache
Green (darker): Tip Top – Atomic green
Light pink: Sinful Colors – Cotton candy
Darker pink: Sinful Colors – Sugar n spice

Tools used:
A thin nail art brush (or a clean liquid liner brush, striper brush etc). A small dotting tool or toothpick, bobby pin etc.
1. I started off with my base coat and 2 coats of Sinful Colors – Snow me white on all my nails except my ring finger. Leave that to dry completely.

2. Once it is dry I add 1 coat of Sinful Colors – Pistache over the white but leaving a small border of the white sticking out. With the photos being so close up I can see I could’ve done a better job here. I also used 2 coats of Sinful Colors – Pistache on my ring finger.

3. Once that is fairly dry, take your small brush and Tip Top – Atomic green and draw a border around the lighter green.

4. Finally, once that is dry, I make the roses by using a dotting tool to make a dot of the lighter pink (Sinful Colors – Candy coated) and then a small stripe of the darker pink (Sinful Colors – Sugar n Spice) and the white (Sinful Colors – Snow me white). I then take my small dotting tool and gently do a little swirl to mix the three colours a bit. Then use the small brush again with the darker green and make little leaves on the sides of the roses. I also added a few random ‘leaves’ to fill up some space.

Then I cleaned up and topcoated and done!




What do you think?  I do like the end result but I think the original image is so much more interesting.  One day when I am grown up I will have the freehand skills to do that ;)
Thanks again so much for having me here.  It’s my favourite place to visit.  Have a lovely day!  

Till next time…
xoxo
M

Visit Michelle here to see more of her fabulousness ..
www.ordinarymisfit.com

Disclosure Ranking - Guset Post - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)