A fellow Twitter buddy called Blog Addict recently ran a competition on her Twitter wherein you could win a range of trial size Sensai products to test and try. Here is what I thought of them, I used them as a 3 step cleansing routine ...

SENSAI SILKY PURIFYING CLEANSERS
So here is what I thought ...

Packaging - 
Is clean and simple white,black and silver , bearing in mind that these are samples and not the full sized products I cannot really comment further.

Fragrance - 
Is a highly perfumed smell and a little sweet for my liking but not at all unpleasant.This is a definite fragrance and not a perfume created by the ingredients.
It is the same smell and perfume across all of the products

SILKY PURIFYING GENTLE MAKE-UP REMOVER FOR EYE & LIP
Texture - 
Has an oily texture, that spreads quite far and emulsifies when you add water. This also has a slight orange smell to it which is pleasant and refreshing.

Efficacy -
It removes make up well and when used as a pre-cleanse for the eye area it leaves the skin clean and refreshed after the other two face cleansers. I really enjoyed using this product.

SILKY PURIFYING - STEP 1 - CLEANSING BALM
Texture - 
This cleansing balm is a delicious thick and balmy type cleanser , a little goes a long way and it removes your make up beautifully. This product emulsifies and easily washes away the dirt and grime. ( yes I am a compulsive water person)

Efficacy -
It melts away the make up , incorporating it and then allowing for it to rinse off. I found this to be super effective at cleansing and removing both dirt and stubborn make up after a long night out ( yes it was a 2am in the morning stint ...zzzzzzzzzzzzz)

SILKY PURIFYING - STEP 2 - MUD SOAP (Wash & Mask)
Texture - 
This is a thick grey coloured mud and can either be used as a creamy wash by adding water to a small amount and foaming it in the hands OR alternatively you can apply this quite thickly as a mask, leaving it on for 15 minutes and then wetting with your fingertips until it foams and rinses off.

This cleanser has a microfoam which is great to lather and rinse off with water.

Efficacy -
It is a fabulous purifying mask , it evened out my skin tone and deep cleansed all my pores. The great thing with mud is that it sucks up the dirt that is sitting just inside the pores and thus minimizes the pores.

I did find however after the 3 steps together my skin was super clean but felt a little dry and stripped of natural oils... a tight feeling.

Over all I enjoyed the 3 step cleanse , I personally am not a fan of perfumed products but please don't let that stop you. It has been about 10 years since last I tried Sensai and I was impressed to find that the products are still as great as they were back then.

For more info contact the SENSAI counter at:

Edgars RED SQUARE V & A WATERFRONT
Tel: (021) 419 5628



Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)