Some time back a few of us Rain junkies and fellow bloggers attended an event in the unique Platbos Forest ....not your conventional forest I assure you, but a treasure chest of fabulous ingredients and plant wealth.

At this event we were treated to some of the newest Rain Bee Essential Remedies which resulted in a morning of hysterical chaos whilst we were all ambushed by the local bees. Today I am featuring one of these new products...

Rain describes them as follows , along with the valuable ingredients proferred by the generous little honeybee

bee essential remedies
'Africa is the original home of the honeybee and the skin-nourishing properties of honey have been known to cultures across the continent for thousands of years.
Rain’s Bee Essential Remedy range harnesses the active properties of honey as well as propolis and beeswax.
Honey is packed with Vitamin B and C as well as amino acids and the essential minerals calcium, copper, magnesium and iron. It has powerful free radical scavenging properties due to phenolic and non-phenolic antioxidants. It promotes healthy skin, attracts moisture, soothes, softens and heals.
Beeswax forms the rich, creamy, moisturizing base of most of the range. This super-insulator acts both as a vehicle to carry moisture and botanical actives into the skin and as a highly effective barrier to seal them in.
Propolis is the substance bees use to seal their hives. It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, soothes inflammation and is ideal for treating burns, skin ailments and lacerations.' RAIN AFRICA

BEE ESSENTIAL REMEDIES - SLEEP BALM

So here is what I thought ...

Packaging - 
It comes packaged in the most awesome vintage looking rectangular tin with a sliding lid and a retro-vintage looking label in natural cardboard sleeve.

Fragrance - 
I had a small giggle when I thought of having to describe this ...*sniggers* to me it smells like herbal tinged old feet smell ...*giggles* but in a good way. ( I do believe it is the Valerian which is to blame here)

It certainly has not stopped me from using this everynight and honestly it couldn't have come at a better time ...I have been struggling to fall asleep for the last two weeks or so and I think it has to do with our office moving and a little anxiety maybe.... along with a hostile take over of the bed, by my cats.

Texture - 
It looks and feels and feels alot like a solid bees wax, with swirls of essential oils and other natural butters, very rustic looking but very much 'Apothecary-ish' looking too.

I found if I rubbed my fingers in a circular motion on the surface it soon softened a little product so that I could smooth the SLEEP BALM over my pulse points.

Efficacy - 
This little tin is the proverbial 'lights out' and sure made me snooze ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
It contians Valerian and Skullcap to calm and ease the mind and assist you in drifting off to 'la la land'

Other ingredients you might like to explore ...



Bee Essential Remedies Sleep Balm
Valerian: calming, eases anxiety
Hops: helps to induce sleep
Skullcap: helps with anxiety, stimulates the release of endorphins
Lavender Oil: calming, soothing, relaxing
Melissa Oil: mild sedative
Roman Chamomile Oil: nature’s own sedative, muscle relaxant


For more information:
Email: info@rainafrica.com
Website: www.rainafrica.com



Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)