I kinda feel that although I have written two posts now I haven’t introduced myself properly!! Sorry for the bad manners. Let’s start over, shall we?

Hello! I am Monique (pic taken by my son). I am a mom of 2, an identical twin and obsessed with all things fashion. (Sorry for my husband’s bank balance…ha-ha). I thought that I would share with you a few of my favourite things to give you an idea of how I roll .

I feel I need to break into that famous song from the Sound of Music now…” When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I am feeling sad I simply remember my favourite things and then I don’t feel so bad…’’

So as a creature of habit, here goes in no particular order… These are either things I already have or my 'LUST HAVES'


This is the “small organic bronze bagel ring’’ which I have and wear often as a statement piece! It is handmade by local jewellery design talent PHILIPPA GREEN. She is Cape Town based and is well known for her unique rings and other pieces that she customizes for her clients. Go to www.philippagreen.com  NOT SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RESIST HER BEAUTIFUL JEWELLERY - I know I didn’t. 
 

TASSEL Bags are all the rage for summer... it definitely adds an extra oomph to an outfit.  I am absolutely obsessed with this one from NICCI BOUTIQUE (branches in Jozi, CT and Durbs)  Hmmm, it’s my birthday soon, wonder if the hubbie will spoil me? But according to him “Every day is my birthday” because I am always in the shops. Not true I say - It’s my civil duty to keep up with latest trends in fashion and be kind enough to share them with my fellow ladies! PLEASE NOD HERE! J I didn’t say I don’t sneak in a small something for myself now and again...sssshhh...it’s our little secret!
LOVE, LOVE boyfriend jeans!! They are just so comfy and slouchy to slip on and the ripped vibe is also so trendy for summer (when it arrives!)  I have a few pairs and have my own personal code for the weekend, which is to...“Dress Down” so often you will find me switching between my favourite BF JEANS. This pair can be found at TOPSHOP.  And while this look is so fab, let’s kill two birds here, shall we? The “Birkenstock” type slip on are BEYOND HUGE FOR SUMMER!! I REPEAT BEYOND HUGE!!  Every single retailer is making sure they have them in stock in some shape or form and loads of sizes
 Case in point - COUNTRY ROAD, one of my all-time fave shops (they know me by name) have chosen to switch it up a bit and go with a cross over strap in patent. I will bet you that they will fly out as soon as they hit the shelves! So if you like the look of them, head down to your nearest COUNTRY ROAD ASAP! TRES CHIC WITH THOSE RIPPED BF JEANS.

 
As I mentioned tassels in any shape or form are HOT!! These necklaces (or similar styles) and different colours are waiting to be bought by you at NICCI BOUTIQUE! Wear ‘em with a white tank with a fake (spray) or real tan and you will look like a Greek Goddess!! CLEO STYLE!!

I CAN’T tell you just how obsessed I am at the moment with the brand “VINTAGE ZIONIST”.  It’s edgy, punk, rock and roll. Their trademark is their leather jacket. They reuse leather from the 80’s and deconstruct and redesign them to create funky new pieces! And the best is that its way affordable!! Jackets priced from R650! A friend of mine (whom I won’t name ‘n shame) told me dungarees are strictly for toddlers and models. Well, I am neither and I got me some! I paired them with a crisp white shirt and a heeled lace up for an edgier look!  VINTAGE ZIONIST is on Facebook and you can place your orders their page. C’mon, you know u want to!
EVERYONE has caught the ”ALLSTAR” bug and is wearing either the low or high tops.  I myself invested in the black high-tops from TEKKIE TOWN and love wearing them with a pair of leggings and a denim shirt for that casual look. OOOOOH and simply stunning with them dungarees too!!  Gotta share, that when I wore my dungarees for the first time my kids broke out in song…“OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM”…  (I did have quite the chuckle).


THE JUMPSUIT from ONE OF MY BEST GO TO SHOPS - MR PRICE, is also a sexy number to have this summer. It is so versatile and can go from day to night! Pair it with a wardrobe staple like this studded denim jacket from NICCIBOUTIQUE. Perfect to wear   to watch the sunset and have sundowners with mates on a summers eve.


Tulle is so feminine and takes me back to my younger ballet days. Why not try recapture those days by bringing the look back? MR PRICE has nailed it with this fab girlie skirt which is lovely and cool to wear on hot summer days when you can’t face your jeans. Pair it with a sleeveless black tank and for an extra edgy look wear these skater shoes from TOPSHOP.

They are so hip and happening now. I will confess I got myself a pair!! Such a fashion victim I am .

NO ladies we are not back at school, but don’t laugh BACKPACKS ARE UBER stylish. As you all know fashion goes in cycles so if you want to indulge in this fun and easy to wear trend don’t BREAK THE BANK, simply head down to MR PRICE OR LEGIT  to pick up a reasonably priced one!You know I already I did. Should we just call me #predicatblemonique?


 Last but not least is this gorgeous HOT NEW TREND which I guarantee will spread like wild fire. It is TEMPORARY TATTOOS in various metallic colours. It is so eye catching and really looks super awesome on sun-kissed skin! (Do wear sun screen please). I absolutely love this!! BREAKING NEWS... Gold ones will be available in a one big pack from LALALUX IN PARKHURST... in about a weeks’ time



SO REMEMBER “When the dog bites, when the bee stings and when YOU FEELING SAD, SIMPLY remember YOUR favourite things and then YOU WON’T feel so bad.



I hope you have enjoyed a bird’s eye view into my lil’ world.



Until next time





Disclosure Ranking - GUEST POST (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)