Today's post is gonna be a rather personal one, so if you're not up to it ...SKIP TO THE BOTTOM.

So on Saturday I turned 40 ...gasp! Where have the years gone?

Not one to dwell on the past, I have found myself struggling to make peace with where I am. You see we all have dreams and these can be thwarted in a heart beat , yet it takes a big birthday to make you put on your 'big girl panties' and deal with it!

I can't say I am over it yet , but I am stronger the tears have subsided but the loneliness haunts me at times. Never in my wildest dreams did I magine I would be celebrating my 40th as a single woman , with no kids , living in a rented house and owning a car that dies everytime it has to drive a sort distance.... yes this is my reality and I have to make peace with it.

Don't get me wrong .. I am not in anyway declaring myself as disadvantaged or underpriveledged, the fact remains it is not where I aimed for or where I dreamt of being at this stage in my life. Some of these dreams however are attached to a biological clock which is slowly winding down and well what else can you do but mourn the loss of these dreams.

It has taken me some time to work through my personal struggles and yes they are MY personal struggles, happily I have started to see the light of day again.

I consider myself fortunate in that my faith as a Christian has carried me through and made me strong enough to dream NEW DREAMS for the next 40yrs.

My mom and friends threw the most awesome surprise birthday for me , despite me going 'on strike' and have truly made it a special birthday and I have been spoilt rotten.

Today I want to SPOIL YOU !

A friend recently brought back a beauty haul from the UK for me and yes I added a few goodies for you too, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to us!


ENTER BELOW IN THE RAFFLECOPTER WIDGET ( International)
a Rafflecopter giveaway

GOOD LUCK!



 Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)
** only the FILORGA product is sponsored all else is bought by me.