Everyday brings along a different season here in Cape Town and sometimes we can even have all four seasons in one day, so I decided to spur on the springtime prettiness with a bright and colorful nail polish.

I chose a colour called fabulous ... I mean who can go wrong with that kinda name? I also had a top coat that was given to me called Platinum Top Coat which I applied only to every second nail so that I could get a true reflection of colour and efficacy of both.

So here is what I thought ...

AVON'S GEL FINISH NAIL ENAMEL in FABULOUS
Packaging
The packaging is the simple and understated monochrome box , with the rectangular and pretty standard nail polish bottle.
Simple, functional and practical to use. It comes with a medium bristle brush which is straight cut.

Fragrance
The usual sharp chemical smell that all nail polishes tend to have.

Texture
This is a thick textured polish , it applies evenly and the colour deposit is amazing from the first brush stroke. If your nails are not chalky white you could quite easily get away with one coat , however my therapy roots will not allow for it on my nails (OCD).

Efficacy
This polish is super effective , I had no tip wear at all until day 3 and I must be honest and say those nails with the top coat lasted even better.
I would recommend this range of polishes to everyone and I will be investing in more of these GEL FINISH nail polishes for sure.


AVON'S Nail Experts PLATINUM TOP COAT
Packaging
The packaging is the simple and understated monochrome box , with the rectangular and pretty standard nail polish bottle.
Simple, functional and practical to use. It comes with a medium bristle brush which is straight cut.

Fragrance
The usual sharp chemical smell that all nail polishes tend to have.

Texture
Is a thin polish it smoothes over the nail fluidly , it cover a large area at a time. In the bottle it has quite a pearlescent shimmer and I wasn't quite sure what to expect on the nail. I was pleasantly surprised to see there was only the faintest hint of a sparkle otherwise it was  a regular transparent Top Coat.

Efficacy
This top coat definitely extends the life of your nail polish without detracting from any shine or gel look features. The nails I painted with the Top Coat had two additional days wear ,before I started to see any tip wear ...love it!

Over all I have been pleasantly surprised by both of these nail polishes and I will definitely be purchasing them again in the near future.

Avon products are available via direct selling , to find a distributor near you visit the following:

Website : www.avon.co.za
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AvonSouthAfrica
Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/avonsafrica
You Tube : http://www.youtube.com/user/AvonSAfrica




Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)