I am sure by now that all of you have hear the catch phrase being thrown around by Fashionistsa's called 'Colourblocking' is this a new trend? No not really and like most things 'fashion' it tends to travel in circles resurfacing every few years.

So what exactly is Colour Blocking? or is it Colourblocking?

Definition:'Colorblocking, is a method of wearing multiple solid colors in an outfit. It is sometimes written as color blocking, with two separate words. The outfit revolves around a palette of two or more colors, usually in bold and bright shades. The result is a simple yet very chic look. Prints and patterns are typically not used in colorblocking, as such designs would take away from the “blocked” visual. ' SOURCE

Here is an example:
Source
So what does this have to do with my Nails Of The Day post , well it was my inspiration along with the cool green and blue hues that have been ever so popular of late.

So here is my look and I have to apologise as the ight did not show how awesome these colours are or the actual colour blocked nail... blegh!

Above are the three colours I used and here is what I thought ...

Essence Colour & Go in #147 Miss Universe
Packaging
Is the usual Essence shaped bottle which is well shaped and esy to grip. The brush on the Essence polishes are always rather thick so be careful.
Texture
Is a thin viscosity with a great olour deposit and coverage.
Efficacy
This polish has great staying power and wear for a minimum of 3 days before tip wear and 5 days before it needs to be replaced.

Sinful Colours Professional in #951 Why Not
Packaging
Is a fabulous and rather chubby 24ml (yes almost double most polishes) bottle. The brush is medium thick and applies evenly.
Texture
Is a medium viscosity liquid , it gives great coverage with first coat and is the most durable of all today's colours.
Efficacy
This brand has super staying powers with a quick dring action and great wearability , after 5 day I have still barely got any tip wear.

Rimmel in I Love Lasting Finish in #700 Block Your Green
Packaging
The usual suspect as far as nail polish bottles go , a medium to thick brush which allows for easy application even on smaller nails.
Texture
Is a medium viscosity , it spreads evenly and gives great colour deposit.
Efficacy
Not durable at all and after day three on my nails it look awful.

Above you can see ( if you really try) I used the Rimmel colour on all my nails barring my ring fingers. On my ring fingers I first applied a coat of the Sinful Colours which is a brilliant blue. Over the sinful Colour on my ringer finger I proceeded to paint only half of the nail with the Essence Colour & Go which is how I achieved the Colourblocking look.

So there you have it!

The polishes range from ZAR 28.00 - ZAR 50.00
All of the above polishes are available at Clicks and/or DisChem