MEET DEBORAH ANN KLEYNHANS OF BIO-THERAPEUTIC SKIN CARE

Please share a little about yourself and what inspired you to create this brand?
After completing my 3 year diploma in Beauty Therapy, I opened my own skincare clinic at the age of 21.  We managed to become a top clinic with a brand we represented. After 10 years of hard work and dedication, I then sold my clinic to stay at home with my children.  During this time I lectured at 2 local colleges.   
My experiences paved way for my dream……
I believe in perfect timing and synergy.  I was approached to take over the distribution of the Bio-therapeutic brand in South Africa.  BT, as we refer, is a world leader in skincare and equipment.

How would you describe your brand in a nutshell?
Bio-therapeutic is the most cutting edge, results orientated, not invasive, “natural” technology on the market today.

What would you consider to be unique about your brand?
We offer a complete line of Age Defying technology ranging from Micro-Current to LED and soon to be launched our Accent Air (Oxygen).  There is also a skin changing bt-ceuticle® line, which complements our technology.  We focus a lot on igniting the energy levels (ATP) in the skin.

How many stores/branches do you have and where are they located?
BT is distributed to various Salons, Spa’s, and Esthetique Centre’s nationwide.  Accredited salons are listed on our website. (www.bio-therapeutic.co.za)

What ‘piece of advice’ would you most like to share with people considering a start -up business?
To choose a career that you love then it will never feel like work.  I am passionate about the industry and I love what I do.

The challenge as a business is to stay authentic and true to your brand, how do you achieve this?
To be totally honest, it’s not a challenge for me, as Bio-therapeutic embodies everything I believe in.  The treatment as well as the product is skin changing.  Seriously!  I practice what I preach and I am diligent about skincare.

What do you love most about being an entrepreneur?
Firstly, I love the independence, as this is important to me.  The flexibility of staying close to the industry I love, as well as being there for my family.

What has your journey so far taught you {about yourself or in general}? Has it changed your life in any way?
To appreciate what I have achieved and to have goals in place.  I am truly grateful for the encouragement and ongoing support from my husband, Mark.  This is something I most value.  I am a perfectionist and want to do everything myself, and that it’s OK to ask for help.  A secure and strong support structure is vital (I have 4 children).  
 We have an amazing team at home and my parents occasionally step in when I’m required to travel.  It’s also important to acknowledge the hard work and dedication from my Business Consultants and Office Staff, as they are also the force behind the success of Bio-therapeutic. Most importantly, is always to stay grounded.

How does the future look as far as ‘dreams and visions’ for your brand?
The days of the traditional “steam and cream” facials are dying and clients in general are wanting to see results from their treatments.  Our main objective is to provide forward thinking Skin Therapists with the best tools and technology available that will accent their skills and improve their treatments.   

We are also excited about our bt-ceuticle® line, which is now readily available.  Education in the industry is vital, as this equips the Therapist with the knowledge and in turn, the confidence to boost their business.  It’s so exciting to see businesses grow as a result of BT.  I look forward to changing businesses, improving skins and establishing long lasting relationships.

 



Facebook: Bio-Therapeutic South Africa
Twitter: Bio-Therapeutic SA @BTSouthAfrica
Instagram: BIOTHERAPEUTICSA
Disclosure Ranking 1 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)