Today I get to interview Fiona Rossiter, Fiona is a fellow blogger but more than that she has become a personal friend, one whom I admire and whose blog I just love to browse.

As we get to know Fiona a little better today I am trusting some of her warmth and kindness shines through and I sure hope you will take a moment to meander through her little place on the web called INSPIRED LIVING.


How would you describe yourself?
The first word which comes to mind is perfectionist, perhaps more a bit more on the OCD side but yes if something is done, it must be done right! Most often I find myself doing everything myself because I don’t trust others to do it right or redoing what they do – I must sound a bit crazy but I guess that is part of being a perfectionist. I am very passionate about the things I love and tend to talk with my hands – a lot! Something to do with the passionate thing I think , Oh and I love pretty things and the colour pink!

How would you describe your blog?
Well my blog essentially started out as a personal journal, which somehow over the period of three years {it will be four in June} morphed into something beyond expectation. When I first started out I was instantly named a “mommy blogger” – one thing I dislike are stereotypes! Which is one of the reasons I changed the name of my blog last year. Inspired Living is in essence an inspirational lifestyle website (rather than a personal blog), where I explore all the things I love, namely Beauty, D├ęcor, Fashion, Food & Travel. My photography also plays an integral part in what I do and it is something I am very passionate about! I spend many hours selecting and editing photographs for my website – I feel that readers respond well to good visual content.

Who do you see as your icon and why?
This is a tricky one as there are many amazing people who I admire but I am not going to get all serious about it! If were to choose someone who is more of a style icon, who has amazing style and presence, then I would have to pick Sarah Jessica Parker. She optimizes all I regard important to be a successful modern woman – beauty, style, elegance, strength and brains – naturally! I would so love a chance to raid her wardrobe!

What are your top 5 Iconic beauty brands?
Dermalogica, MAC Cosmetics, Maybelline, Essie, Smashbox

Which bloggers inspire you?
My first ever blogger crush was Elsie from A Beautiful Mess, which is more a lifestyle based blog. I find her blog so inspirational and I also found her tips on photography super useful! I also love Alix from I Covet Thee – a wonderful beauty blog, which is also find visually so inspiring. Locally there are many blogs I read but if I had to pick a few beauty blogs I love, Pink Peonies and Lipgloss Kisses are among my favourites!

If you could spend 1 day in any beauty product factory which would you choose and why?
It would have to be MAC Cosmetics! All that makeup – for a girly-girl like me, much like being in heaven! I would also love a peek behind the scenes, to find out how they decide on which products to create, colour palettes etc. it would be so interesting.

You had to recently ‘start over’ with moving your blog and updating it, how has this affected your following and your audience? 
Ah this was such a difficult decision which I put off doing for almost a year but eventually I had to be true to myself! I did lose a very large chunk of my following, I think mainly because people did not understand why I changed the name of my website. I was sad to lose readership but it has actually made me more determined to make a success of Inspired Living! I am always reminded of this quote ~ “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Bernard M. Baruch

What has been a top defining moment for you in blogging? 
Another difficult one but probably the first time I was contacted to do an interview, by an online magazine because I was considered to be a “Top Blogger”{their words not mine} I won’t deny that it feels good to get recognition for what you do. I certainly did not set out to be recognized, all I hoped for was that someone, anyone would actually read what I put out there on the web. 

What advice would you give to other bloggers out there? 
Ok so I am not going to preach because as with most things, everyone’s blogging journey is so different but try to stay true to who you are. Something that can be so difficult when PR companies and brands are all wanting a piece of you but remember you blog for YOU, not for them! Most of all have fun, when it stops being fun you are doing it wrong!


Please share with us a short list of your ‘BEAUTY ESSENTIALS’.  
  • A good quality facial sunscreen is so important – protect, protect, protect!
  • A primer to protect your skin against the harsh chemicals found in many make-up products is essential.
  • A good quality set of make-up brushes can make all the difference to how well you apply your make-up!
  • Skincare – good quality skincare, especially as your skin starts maturing is definitely worth the investment!
I could go on and on but these are a few of things, which I find essential!

I just want to thank Fiona for her time and sharing a little of herself with us, you will find Inspired Living  on the following:

Blog: www.inspiredlivingsa.co.za
Twitter: https://twitter.com/inspired_lifeSA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspiredLifeSA

** Disclosure Ranking 2 - (Please refer to my disclosure ranking in the side bar)