After years of hearing about Carmex Lip Balm from the USA and never being able to get my hands on some, I was super surprised to see this little number at Dis-Chem the other day and I just had to have it!

You see back in the day when I was on the ships Walgreen's was my favourite haunting grounds , however in those day there were no such things as blogs and the brands were all unfamiliar. Nowadays it is a whole different ball game which leaves me yearning for a US visit to all my friends and an unlimited shopping spree ...sigh! ( what dreams are made of)

Here is my prized treasure ...
So here is what I thought ...

Packaging -
Is a white plastic bottom filled with product and a quaint printed metal screw on cap , it is so cute and very vintage looking.

Fragrance -
Oh la la this is a Cherry Menthol whoosh  ...it starts off smelling like those 'cherry fizz' lollipops and ends off with a minty smell which also seems to leave the lips tingling ... On closer inspection it is menthol in the product which leaves the lips tingling.

Texture -
Is a thick Vaseline type texture , it is a natural yellowish tinged balm which applies easily and spreads evenly over the lip area.

Efficacy -
Despite it  being a mental oil based product with petroleum derivatives ( I am generally against these) , I love the cherry smell and the tingling lips. The  product works well and I have found myself mainly applying it to my lips prior to sleeping.


The retail selling price is approx ZAR 50 (steep I know , but I couldn't resist) at Dis-Chem stores.

Overall I am enjoying this product , it is a spoil and one more I've ticked off of my wishlist for now.







**This is not a sponsored post . The opinions on the featured suppliers/brands is my own.