You may have noticed that I have been splurging a little lately in the nail department  and today's post is going to once again be on an Essence nail polish.

I recently saw a new line of polishes released by Essence called Nail Candies and I was rather intrigued.

Firstly I was warned by a fellow blogger (thanks Voni) that they are very sheer, and secondly that they were in-store already. (I was under the impression they were not on the shelves yet)

ESSENCE  NAIL CANDIES ...


So here is what I thought ...

Fragrance -
These polishes are supposed to have a slight fruity fragrance to them. I can't say they had a definite fruity smell but, they sure did smell better than the average nail polish.

Packaging -
I find I always struggle to grip the large round top bottles, and therefore this was not as easy to use as the normal Essence nail polish bottles. Otherwise the packaging is cute , girly and very pretty to look at.

Texture -
The polish is a sheer cover with a slight tint which varies depending on the colour you choose. I chose the colour 07 Marshfellows which is a neutral milky colour, very natural in appearance. It applied evenly had a slight shimmer and made my nails look groomed and healthy.

Efficacy -
This polish claims to be a 6 in 1...
- hardening
- protecting
- ridge filling
- fast drying
- fruity scented
- high gloss finish

I must say it ticked all the boxes above for me and I was pleasantly surprised , I actually prefer this colour to my standard French neutral shade.


Whilst I can't comment on all the colours available, I can tell you that I am super impressed with Essences nail candies in 07 Marshfellows. I would recommend to anyone looking for healthy natural looking nails.

Retails at approx ZAR 30
Available in Clicks and Dis-Chem stores

Natural hugs & kisses
x x x H


**This is not a sponsored post I have not received compensation for this post and the opinions on the featured supplier/brand is my own.