Easter is just around the corner with all it's chocolatey yumminess and for those of us who are Christians well it's a lot more than the chocolate and Hot Cross Buns.

I have a special guest post/tutorial for you again today from Michelle over at Ordinary Misfit with the most beautiful nails in Pastel shades ...just perfect for Easter inspired nails.

So without further ado , over to Mich ....

--------------------------------------

Hi lovelies,



I’m baaaack!  Thanks again to the ever awesome Heather for having me again.  It really is such an honor.  It always helps that Heather gives such awesome images for inspiration too. 


The image for today's post was so fun and cute and I had a 100 different ideas.  I could do so many different looks with just this one image.  In the end I decided to go with something soft and simple.  With Easter just around the corner I also wanted to use pastels to sort of fit in with the theme.  The light pink and yellow-ish dots and stripes really stood out to me so I knew I wanted to do that.  Let me show you how I did it.



Polishes used:

White:  Sinful Colors – Snow me white

Pink: Sinful Colors – Heartfelt

Yellow: Sinful Colors – Unicorn



Tools used:

Small dotting tool (or whichever size you prefer) Remember if you don’t have a dotting tool you can use a toothpick, hair pin, pen cap or anything similar.

Striping tape.  You can also cut normal tape into any width you want. 


  • I started off with my base coat and 2 coats of Sinful Colors – Snow me white on my pinky and index and leave that to dry completely.

  • I then paint 2 coats of Sinful Colors – Unicorn on my middle finger and thumb and 2 coats of Sinful Colors – Heartfelt on my ring finger and leave that to dry.

  • Once the white polish is completely dry, cut striping tape into lengths and lay them sideways across the nail.  I did that on both my pinky and index. Make sure the tape is nicely pressed down on your nail and pushed tightly right into your cuticle. (not so tight that you hurt yourself!)

  • Then you paint the other polish over the tape and pull up the tape as quick as you can before the polish dries.  Do them one at a time.  I used Sinful Colors – Unicorn on my pinky and Sinful Colors – Heartfelt on my index.  I find it easier to pull the tape up using a tweezer. 

  • I then used my dotting tool and the Sinful Colors – Snow me white to make little polka dots on the Sinful Colors – Unicorn on my middle finger and on the Sinful Colors – Heartfelt on my ring and thumb. 


Then I cleaned up and topcoated and done!


What do you think?  Like I said, there are so many things I could do inspired by this image.  I am quite tempted do a few more designs ;)  Are you going to give it a try?


Thanks again so much for having me here and I hope you liked this and give it a try.   
Have a  beautiful and blessed Easter as well.  Remember the real reason for this season!



Thanks for the love Heath!

Till next time…

xoxo

M