Budget friendly polishes are great, they not only offer you the opportunity to play, without a huge investment.  Budget buys also allow you to try fun, trendy looks at a price your purse can afford.

On my latest venture into Dis-Chem I once again found a few products just hopping into my shopping basket (yeah right!).

So today let's look at the Essence Colour and Go Nail Polish in Headphones On! #176
So here is what I thought ...

Colour -
The colour is deceivingly dark in the bottle , it has speckles of silver , black and a holographic blueish colour supsended in a light grey gel looking polish.

Packaging -
What I loved about the packaging is the shape and width of the Essence nail polish brushes , they are super easy to use, and formed to fit the curve at the back of the nail perfectly ...love it!

Efficacy -
The polish gives a sheer glittery coat with just one application. With two applications it gives a beautiful full coverage glittery coat that changes in the light , from a silver to a gunmetal and even a deep almost black grey foil.
I found the polish lasts approximately 2 days (without a topcoat) before it starts to show tip wear.
I decided to play a little further after swatching this colour, and do a 'French paint' over this colour, using black as a contrast .... and surprise! I actually loved it.
So my final conclusion ...

I love the Essence nail polishes and 'Headphones On!' is no exception, it's affordable and fun.
Retails at less than ZAR 30

Available in Clicks and Dis-Chem stores in South Africa.

Colorful kisses
x x x H
**This is not a sponsored post I have not received compensation for this post and the opinions on the featured supplier/brand is my own.