Over the Christmas vacation which seems so distant already, I took advantage of a special offer that was run by Ruby Box and ordered myself the Carribean Tan Cinnamon & Coconut Exfoliator and the Milk & Honey Body Butter ... not because I need to extend my tan but rather because I enjoy both an exfolitor and a body butter.

It did of course help that both of these sound absolutely yummy.

My parcel arrived and although both items are shrink wrapped in plastic, I found that most of the lovely cinnamony oils had leaked out of my tub and soaked into the cardboard box in which it was transported (que my bottom lip pout). I would highly suggest they seal the scrub in an airtight plastic bag inside the jar instead of with a rubber band.

So here is what I thought of my products ....

THE CINNAMON & COCONUT BODY EXFOLIATOR - (pre-tan)

Fragrance - 
It is totally cinnamony with a hint of coconut , it is absolutely divine.

Texture -
Is not too course but definitely not fine , I absolutely love the texture and adhesion of this product. I did not have to scrub too hard and yet I felt totally alive (no dead skin in sight) and the cinnamon just blossomed in the warmth of my shower. I wet myself down and then scrubbed , then rinsed off afterwards.

Packaging - 
As mentioned previously it is well packed , right down to the product being in a plastic bag inside the jar , however this is not really adequate for travel and the oils still seem to seep out of the jar.

Efficacy - 
This is a super effective scrub , it leaves your skin tingling and alive. I must however mention it is abrasive and not for the faint hearted 'exfoliator' mainly due to the particles which are not spherical in shape ( if I am not mistaken, I am sure they are sugar crystals).


THE MILK AND HONEY BODY BUTTER - (tan x-tender)
Fragrance - 
Is a soft yummy and rather feminine fragrance, which leaves you feeling as though you have just been transported to some tropical island and are being served a cocktail whilst lazing in the sun ......yep, what a wake up call when you realise you are still in your bathroom (tee hee).
It truly is soft and gorgeous.

Texture -
Is a lovely fast penetrating body butter that leaves your skin soft and moist but with a surprising matte finish. I loved the fact that it disappeared into my skin, and I didn't feel oily/greasy at all. Quite honestly I could use this body butter as an everyday product.

Efficacy - 
It is supersaturating , leaving your skin smooth hydrated with a soft feminine fragrance. A winner in my books.

Packaging - 
In this instance the packaging is great , a generous tub and the product is firm enough that it does not seep out of anywhere. I love the natural and clean lines of the labels and the transparent tubs. I can always see how much product I have left ...fabulous!

As you can hear in my gushing I loved both products and I am super impressed , even more so in that it is a local product and part of the Beauty Portfolio of South African Beauty Queen Cindy Nell.

What blew me well out of the water was, I got both of these beauties at Ruby Box for less than R100 ....spoil yourself it's worth it!

x x x H