I just love that this years PANTONE colour RADIANT ORCHID is such a vibrant selection of purple hues , they are so pretty and feminine.
Today I am going to review inspired by the Pantone Colour for 2014. This post will feature a lipgloss and nail enamel from Catrice as well as a lipgloss and nail enamel from Revlon.

All of the products fall within the Radiant Orchid Color Palette as featured above.
Here are the products under review ...

Review of Catrice Cosmetics ...

Lipgloss - Colour Show in Purple Reign 050
This lipgloss gives solid colour . The gloss in the tube has a 'berry smell' and yet has an almost' liquorice crossed with berry' taste when applied.
It is not a high gloss lipgloss at all, but is true to colour on the lips.
The applicator is a rather long applicator tip, which I found to be quite a challenge for my thin lips.
This lipgloss has a medium tacky-ness to it , not unpleasant at all.
It does not have a long staying power and easily transfers onto cups and glasses (kitties too ..hee hee, sorry Mischka)

What did I think?
It is super convenient and budget friendly. Personally I prefer a high gloss lipgloss, and I am not sure I like the scent of this product.


Nail Enamel - Ultimate Nail Lacquer in Even More Heavy Metallilac 31

This nail enamel gives solid cover with a single application
It has the most awesome 3 dimensional metallic sheen.
I struggled a little with the applicator brush and found it to be too thick.
The application lasted 3 days before I started to see tip wear.

What did I think?
I love love love this colour and will definitely be using it , The Catrice range is super affordable which makes it budget friendly ...heck you can even get two. 


Review of Revlon Cosmetics ...

 Lipgloss - Super Lustrous  in Sugar Violet 230
I found this to be a light and translucent Lipgloss.
It has fun multidimensional bits of glitter in it which make it a little whimsical.
It has the smell of sweeties in the tube which disappears on application.
This is a high gloss lipgloss.
A great size application tip.

What did I think?
I love it , the colour , the glitter and the glossy sheen but then I am a Princess.

Nail Enamel - Brilliant Strength in Intrigue 030
This colour applies solidly with one coat.
It shows a shimmer in the bottle which is not really evident on application
It contains a nail strengthen which is an added bonus
The brush applicator is the perfect size.

What did I think?
I love this colour , it's a fun and funky colour. It applied well and gave me four days of use before the tip wear became visible. A great option considering it has nail strengtheners.


I think that these colours are so feminine and girly whether you choose a more intense colour or a softer pastel.
My choice would definitely first be influenced by budget and in this area Catrice comes out tops.
My second criteria would be ease of use , and in this instance it seems as though Revlon has put far more research into the correct length applicators and width of brushes. This makes it easier to do quick applications or touch ups ...no mess no fuss!

So there you have it! I hope this was helpful , I sure had fun trying out these new colours.

x x x H 

** Products were all part of sponsored goodie bags.