By now I hope that you have at least explored one of Thea's nail tutorials , she is a nail blogger and has her own space at Madness Nails. I recently asked Thea to review Revlon's Parfumerie Nail Enamel with me.

Thea is tackling this Part 1 Review for me from the point of a nail blogger .... do enjoy!


Hi Femme lovelies! 

I hope everybody is having a beautiful day! I am so honored to be back here today with a review and swatch post that Heather asked me to do for her. So without further hesitation, let's get to it!

Today I am swatching and reviewing Revlon Parfumerie “Bordeaux”. The Parfumerie range is scented polishes that Revlon released quite recently in the States and will be available in South Africa in the new year. They come in beautiful square bottles with a round lid that resemble vintage perfume bottles. It truly is a unique little bottle to add to my collection!

Revlon Parfumerie “Bordeaux” is a deep wine red vampish crème. The consistency of this polish is a tad thin but its not any trouble to work with. The scent of this polish also blew me away because it has a nice deep fruity smell. I can definitely see where the name comes from because besides the colour, the smell did truly remind me of a wine. This polish is opaque in 2 coats and very high in shine. On my photos you will see my index finger has the slightest bit of dragging showing but this is just because I overworked the second coat when I applied it. 

I got about 4 days wear time out of Revlon Parfumerie “Bordeaux” before it started showing a bit of tip wear. I'm sure it would've lasted at least 2 more days but I just can't get myself to wear a nail polish for more than 4 days before I start going out of my mind! Nail polish addict problems, people!

I will be honest, when I heard about the release of this line of polishes I wasn't too excited. I've tried Revlon's previous scented polishes and they were not only sheer as heck but I really didn't like the smell. It was sickeningly sweet and artificial. But with this polish I was pleasantly surprised! Great opacity and the smell is absolutely spot on! I will definitely be looking into getting more of these little beauties, even if it's just for the awesome smell! Kudos Revlon!

Retails at R99.95 each  - LAUNCHING January 2104 once off only!

Lots of mad love,



Thea