So I have recently been spoilt again by REVLON and got a load of goodies to review from ther Pacific Coast Color Range ( Spring 2013) , I urge you to not waste time if you like any of the make up reviewed as they will only be in store till the end of November.

COLOURSTAY EYE SHADOW PALETTE REVIEWS
So I decided to do something a little different and actually follow the Eye shadow palette guide( as shown below) on the reverse of the packaging. A good friend (Estie) kindly volunteered to be my model.

#Review - Colourstay Colour Palette in Sea Mist

http://www.revlon.co.za/Revlon-Home/Collections-Menu/col_ColorStay.aspx
The Sea Mist Palette was very interesting in that it is a lovely tealish - greenish colour in the container and yet on application the colour changed completely. I am not sure if this was as a result of acidity in Estie's skin?

The odd thing is that when I applied the swatch to the swatch page this too took on a whole new and almost greyish tinge?You can see above the outcome of this application.

So what did I think? 

Colourstay Eye Shadow Quad -SEA MIST 585
The application guides are easy to use , as are the foam applicators supplied with the eyeshadow quad. The shadow apply well , with minimal fall out.
The darker shadows are more dense in pigment and thus require very little product to be applied. The shadows are definitely great and apply well , I would have preferred the neutral colour to be a little lighter to act as a highlighter.
I have used this in my own make up for a few days ( the guide application was to heavy for my small eyes) and I love one or two of the colors.
The staying power well it was ok, not the best though.


Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
For the lips I used Juicy Papaya Lip Butter which glides on smooth and really hydrates the lips. These are already a personal favourite of mine.
The colour deposit is great and lasts reasonably well , you will however need to re-apply after drinking or eating.

** I will post the nail info later

Would I use these again?
Not sure I would purchase a quad with a seasonal look myself , I would rather buy singles or regular stock item colors.

For the Cheeks I used the Baby Sticks range - READ MY PREVIOUS REVIEW
  
#Review - Colourstay Colour Palette in Sea Mist


Colourstay Eye Shadow Quad - FREE SPIRIT 580
This eyeshadow Palette did amazing things for my friend Estie's eyes. The pigments were great in this palette but again I would've preferred a lighter colour for use as a highlighter.
The blues just seemed to make Estie's eyes pop and the application guideline definitely contributed to the effectiveness of this look.
I actually really like this quad and I am wearing it today, just not applied as above. The staying power is quite good , not the best I have tried but at least this palette has remained true to colour both times.

Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon 
This time I used the REVLON Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon and I think this really contributed to the effectiveness of this look. Once again it is evident how important Lip Color and Eye Colour combinations are.
I love these super-hydrating Lip Butters ... be careful in hot weather though they have a low melting point.

Would I use these again?
In the above case yes definitely , I loved both the eye shadow quad and the Lip Butter. 






There you have it!
x x x H